Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory's XD series

Feedback Score

Springfield Armory's XD series

This is one handgun that I've personally never fired or even handled, although it seems to be selling reasonably well. The series seems to have quite a few variants. I wouldn't put it on the same level as Glock or H&K, but how does it fare in the usual categories of accuracy, reliability, and durability?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    They are decent guns, IMHO, for guys getting into to shooting. But not duty grade weapons. YMMV, best of luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I own one. Wouldn't hesitate to use it for self defense. Good guns, 1911 grip angle and backstop safety. Not as much aftermarket support like glock. I prefer to shoot my Glocks over my XD.

Feedback Score
    If your use to shooting a glock like I am, there is a learning curve to shot the XD's. At least it was for me cause of the grip angle.

I don't c why u wouldn't use a XD for duty use. I'm sure it's just as reliable as most plastic guns.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Like many guy my age (thirties) the XD was my first pistol. It was actually a good gun, despite the poo poo flinged at it here. I've since moved on to companies with better reputations.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Aaron Cowan at Sage dynamics has reported 20 or so breaking in classes. To the point they were unserviceable on-site. He’s got a post of it on IG that I can’t find at the moment.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a XD45 years ago..it was a POS. Would not feed anything other than RN bullet. High bore axis, and not all that accurate, I had a SA milspec, at the time that shot rings around the XD45, and, was alot more reliable.. It would for example feed, fire, eject cases loaded with a LSWC, all day long, while the XD choked on them.I understand they've made some changes since then, but, still I'd never own one again, there's simply too many better options for the same money..
    Last edited by ralph; 05-07-19 at 15:01.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    I had a XDM 45 that would not shoot HP rounds. It shot ball just fine however. My XDs was good to go with whatever but I did not enjoy shooting 45 in that small of a gun.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking at either a Springfield XD Mod 2 Tactical (5 inch barrel) or a CZ P-10F (full size). The CZ is more expensive but might be the better option.

Feedback Score
    I bought mine XDM 45 back in 2010 or 11. So far I've had no issues with it.
    But I plan on moving on with companies with better reputation.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast