Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory's XD series

Feedback Score
    My agency allows us to use Glocks in 9mm and .45 and XDs in 9mm or .45. They don't care much about the model used. Most of us use Glocks but the guys who run XDs like them and have had good luck with XDs/XDMs in both 9mm and .45. All the XDs run fine with our duty ammo which is Speer Gold Dots. 124 +Ps for the 9s and 230s for the .45

Feedback Score
    We issued XD 45 pistols (initially against my advice). They ran just fine with Winchester SXT, Federal HST and Speer Gold Dot until about the five year period. We began to experience the occasional odd failures to feed which we eventually found to be weak magazine springs. SA sent me several hundred stouter springs and everyone carried on.
    The last I heard they’re looking at replacing them, with XD 9mm pistols.

If you like Glock, M&P, HK, CZ or some other tactical Tupperware better that’s fine, but some of the hyperbole I read about XD pistols makes me shake my head.
    Last edited by Gunnar da Wolf; 05-07-19 at 19:35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When Darth Vader is on Earth, he carries a Springfield XDM 10mm. 5.25".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My first carry fun was an HS2000. Basically the XD 9mm before Springfield Armory started carrying them. It was a $200 gun at the time and I put over 8k rounds through it. Had to replace the extractor and recoil spring.

Ended up buying other versions of the XD when they came out but eventually sold them all except the first one. After being issued Glocks at work I wanted to keep all my platforms similar.

I shoot my HS2000 more accurately when I'm just punching paper. The trigger is much lighter and breaks nicer than any Glock, but the reset is ridiculous.

Glocks I shoot more effectively when I'm picking up the pace.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I shot the shit out of my XDm .40 back when I didn't know any better. Never broke a thing on it in over 10K rounds and it's still going strong. I replaced the firing pin roll pin with a spring steel one as a preventative measure, but otherwise it's been stock. It shot three Redback One classes before I switched to 9mm and a Glock. The XDm is way more accurate, but I shoot the Glock faster and with reasonable amounts of accuracy. The G19 conceals and carries much better than the heavier XDm. The XDm is now my hideaway gun at my business.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sporting grade pistol, and all that goes with it. Some do okay. In the XD line, I like the XDs most and have been pretty surprised by the samples I've used and seen.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I have never messed with the XD.
    I do have a few XDMs.
    Which use different mags than the XDs.
    I am not really sure why they have both lines.

The compact versions are very odd geometrically.
    The way a Beretta PX4 SC is.

There are some things I really like about the fullsized.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I have never messed with the XD.
    I do have a few XDMs.
    Which use different mags than the XDs.
    I am not really sure why they have both lines.

The compact versions are very odd geometrically.
    The way a Beretta PX4 SC is.

There are some things I really like about the fullsized.
    They have both lines because California: The XDm is not legal to sell in California. The XD is.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    They have both lines because California: The XDm is not legal to sell in California. The XD is.
    An aspect I had not considered or realized.

It must cost a ton to get on the approved list if maintaining two lines is more profitable.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    An aspect I had not considered or realized.

It must cost a ton to get on the approved list if maintaining two lines is more profitable.
    Last I checked, the approved list had been closed. So if SAI stops importing XDs, they effectively cannot sell any polymer-framed striker-fired pistols in California. Otherwise, I'm sure the XDm and XD Mod 2 would have been listed and legal for sale in California.

And technically, Springfield has three lines of full-sized polymer handguns: XD, XDm, and XD Mod 2. The XD Mod 2 has the same problem as the XDm. Other than that, the XD and XD Mod 2 are less expensive than the XDm, which I suppose allows SAI to have a "premium" line of polymer-framed pistols and a more budget oriented line.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast