Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Springfield Armory's XD series

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My first pistol was an early XD-9. It shot well and I never had any problems with it. I wouldn’t hesitate to own another as long as it’s the original XD and not a Mod 2 or XDM. But I don’t get the hate for the XD, it seems to only exist on the internet because no one I’ve known in person has had any issues with their XD. I’ve had more problems with y’alls beloved brand of Glock than with all my other makes and models combined.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    But I don’t get the hate for the XD, it seems to only exist on the internet because no one I’ve known in person has had any issues with their XD.
    Same. They seem to get much more hate on the internet than in the real world. I’ve never had one, myself, but I would consider it if I was looking for a non-Glock Glock.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    My first pistol was an early XD-9. It shot well and I never had any problems with it. I wouldn’t hesitate to own another as long as it’s the original XD and not a Mod 2 or XDM. But I don’t get the hate for the XD, it seems to only exist on the internet because no one I’ve known in person has had any issues with their XD. I’ve had more problems with y’alls beloved brand of Glock than with all my other makes and models combined.
    I have, the XD 45 I had would'nt feed anything but RN bullets, and if you tried something like a semi wadcutter, they would usually cause a malfunction, and damage your mags as well, I'll explain..when the fired case was extracted, the extracted case would ride along on top of the next round coming up in the mag, (due to a lack of extractor tension)and when the empty case hit the shoulder of a wad cutter type of bullet, the shoulder of the bullet acted like an ejector, and ejected the case early, causing a malfunction. The empty case being dragged back on the bullet and hitting the shoulder would shove in the case in the mag back, slamming it into the back of the mag, deforming it to the point it no longer dropped free.Now granted this was some time ago, but the problem was at the time, a lack of extractor tension, and the extractor being located where it was (botton of the slide) could'nt be adjusted. As I said before, there better options for the money.. If I was given a choice between a 10 year old USPc in .45 or a brand new XD45, I'd take the 10year old USP every time..
    Last edited by ralph; 05-09-19 at 23:10.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    I have an XDm 3.9C 9MM and an XD Mod 2 3.3 .45 and both run well and shoot any ammo I’ve tried thus far, mostly FMJ RN and several magazines of JHP’s.

I prefer Glocks for a number of reasons, but I have no complaints nor would I feel unsafe with either of my XDs versus my Glocks.

Aftermarket support and blue label pricing bring me back to Glock.

I had Powder River Precision put a carry trigger in my 3.3 .45 and it is a nice little shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Last I checked, the approved list had been closed. So if SAI stops importing XDs, they effectively cannot sell any polymer-framed striker-fired pistols in California. Otherwise, I'm sure the XDm and XD Mod 2 would have been listed and legal for sale in California.

And technically, Springfield has three lines of full-sized polymer handguns: XD, XDm, and XD Mod 2. The XD Mod 2 has the same problem as the XDm. Other than that, the XD and XD Mod 2 are less expensive than the XDm, which I suppose allows SAI to have a "premium" line of polymer-framed pistols and a more budget oriented line.
    Springfield has also come out with this "Defender" series, which is nothing more than the plain original XD line in either subcompact or 4", 9mm only, with one mag in a cardboard box, for sub $300. The word I have seen was the product number changed with the new nomenclature that would disallow it from CA.

I've currently got four of them. My first pistol was a G22, followed very shortly by a 4" XD40 and XD45. I no longer have the Glock, added both an XD9 in subcompact and 4" model last year after a several year hiatus from much of anything gun related. I've never had problems with any of them. The .40 has always fed Ranger T and Golden Sabre fine, the .45 Ranger T and UMC JHP, both 9mm's W Defend and UMC JHP.

In a full sized striker fired pistol, I prefer them. No, I haven't shot everything on the market, but in what I shoot, they're what I preference. They're taking a back seat, finally sprung to DA/SA in a commercial M9. I've been shooting it almost exclusively, and tinkering with it, thinking the next pistol I need is the 92 Compact. Who knows, I may never go back to shooting striker guns with any big regularity.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Last I checked, the approved list had been closed. So if SAI stops importing XDs, they effectively cannot sell any polymer-framed striker-fired pistols in California. Otherwise, I'm sure the XDm and XD Mod 2 would have been listed and legal for sale in California.

And technically, Springfield has three lines of full-sized polymer handguns: XD, XDm, and XD Mod 2. The XD Mod 2 has the same problem as the XDm. Other than that, the XD and XD Mod 2 are less expensive than the XDm, which I suppose allows SAI to have a "premium" line of polymer-framed pistols and a more budget oriented line.
    I was told this is the same reason that Glock continues to make the Gen III guns.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    I've had my 4.5" 9mm XDM for ALOT of Years now, Never an issue with this firearm, shoots everything I've fed it and she shoots awesome. The stock trigger is way better then my friend's M&Ps... I hate the trigger on his M&P.
    Another friend of mine has a Glocks in 9mm and his triggers(IMHO) are better then the M&Ps... Myself and both of these guys like the XDMs stock trigger Better...
    Even so, (I shoot 1911s.. a lot) so, I replaced the stock trigger alittle over a year ago now and it's WAY Better then stock! I only wish I had changed out the trigger years ago too. I love my 4.5" XDM 9mm, 19 round mags., plus 1 in the chamber... That's Awesome all by itself! LOL

Maybe this will help someone know how long I've had this.... approx. a month after I bought it, is when they just released the Awesome 5.25"... Dam, a month later and I would have bought this instead. LOL
    Last edited by RVTMaverick; 05-22-19 at 14:00.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123