Thread: Recommendations for snake chaps

Feedback Score

Recommendations for snake chaps

I am looking for recommendations on snake chaps. I figured that some of the men on this forum would have experience with this equipment.
    Many of the reviews online are not very specific, or they only speak of the comfort of the chaps.
    I am in the southeast and will be wearing these in the summertime, so lighter weight would be a bonus, but not if it sacrifices durability. I have considered snake boots, but I will be wearing these for short periods of time during the day, then taking them off again.
    I have looked at Dans and Filson’s; leaning to Filsons unless someone has a better recommendation.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    "For frantic boast and foolish word, Thy mercy on Thy people, Lord!" - Recessional

Feedback Score
    I have boots, not chaps, but they are side zip. Pretty easy on and off.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    I've got a set of Cabela's camo snake chaps for hiking and that stuff if moving "fast" now for mowing, yard work a set of tall rubber boots. Reason why had snake just 3 ft from door a few weeks ago. Quite a few copperheads n timber rattlesnakes around here. My main problem with chaps are most are to small to cover my legs but I like them better for mobility. I'm size 13 boot and most snake boots have same problem fitting my calves.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    I have boots, not chaps, but they are side zip. Pretty easy on and off.
    I turkey hunt in snake boots and have never had chaps. The side zip boots would seem to fit your needs. I use briar chaps for upland birds and if it weren't for the briars I'd just use the snake boots.