Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X Shooting Reports?

Feedback Score
    I own a 43x with 1200 rounds through it. I like the polymer, grip texture, and general construction of the gun.

I find the finish wears just like any other Glock. There is wear on the hood of the barrel, breach face, and anywhere there is lockup. I prefer the feel of Gen4 finishes, but I have no complaints about the 43x finish or color.

I’ve been getting consistent ejection, and zero brass to face from the 43x.

I initially fired slightly low and left with the first few magazines. I found that I needed to change my grip compared to a G17/G19 sized pistol. After 1200 rounds I can say that I consistently shoot low with the 43X. The way I like to shoot a pistol is to have the front sight blade right under X mark of a target. With the 43x I would obscure the X mark of a target with the front dot. I find that I’m not quite as accurate with it as a G17/G19.

In 1200 rounds I had 3 failures to fire with light primer strikes that I think were user induced. If my memory was correct it was between the 500-800 round mark. After a complete teardown I found the firing pin channel was filling up with what seemed to be ultra-thin primer shavings, a small bit of oil, and carbon. It went back to having consistent ignition after a thorough cleaning.

I get no slide bite, but my only issue is that I get painful blisters on my trigger finger during every range trip. It’s my only issue, but its significant enough that I’m looking for an alternative pistol.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Have you watched some of the you tubers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5t3UxCVQDs
    Isn’t this the same guy who said he hates the SCAR 17 because of reliability issues that no one else has ever heard of?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Isn’t this the same guy who said he hates the SCAR 17 because of reliability issues that no one else has ever heard of?
    I do not know - just saw the title.

I rarely watch you-tube videos, one of the great things about the internet is not that any self-absorbed person can look at a video camera, try to talk all serious and be a media sensation.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Glock 43X Shooting Reports?

I am considering getting a G43X so I’ll be following this thread. Hopefully, by the time I am ready to buy one, the black version is out.
    Last edited by 202; 05-10-19 at 15:33.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The video that I posted was from Shawn Ryan, who had a video that he bitched about the SCAR 17 in. He is an ex-SEAL and if I remember right his squad was issued one? I'll have to watch the video again.
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 05-09-19 at 16:49. Reason: Terrible spelling
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Yep..

Feedback Score
    I just put 100 rounds through a 43x at a local range. I shot the G48 previously, and I own/ccw G19/26 variants.

The G43x possesses more felt recoil and muzzle flip than the G26 and G48. While the G43x is slimmer, I still would rather carry my G19 or 26. I like the thicker frame for the sake of control.

No issues with accuracy or reliability to report.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    New 43X. 400 rounds. Reliability was good. One round required a second strike. Ammo used was Geco 124, S&B 124, with leftover Ranger 147 and GD124 hp.

Gun was fine although throughout the second half of the 400 it wouldn't go into battery automatically but would once the trigger was released. I attribute that to being dry.

One problem though..... shooting high left. I'm not a pro by any stretch of the imagination but I don't shoot that bad. From 7 - 20 yards they were all left unless for some miracle it was on point. With slow, careful shooting I could keep them in the X at 15 yards but anything faster than one round every 30 seconds and the were all high left. I know there's the grip argument but this isn't my first single stack sub compact. I've had Kahr CW & PM 9, G43 and Ruger LCP380. No issues with those.

Pics

G43X at 7 yards

Meanwhile

Ruger LCP 380 at same distance

And G43

43X at 20 yards

The first 3 shots in the center were slowly, deliberately, carefully shot. Taking my time. The shots to the upper left were shot a little quicker

G43 at same distance

Chasing accuracy
    Last edited by Arik; 10-06-19 at 17:04.

Feedback Score
    Arik- Which sights are on it? Factory Glock or the Ameriglo’s?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    Arik- Which sights are on it? Factory Glock or the Ameriglo’s?
    Glock night sights

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast