Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X Shooting Reports?

Feedback Score

Glock 43X Shooting Reports?

After rereading the thread on whether or not Glock will eventually issue these en masse with black slides I decided to pass on the two-tone Glock 43X. I handled one this weekend at the LGS and I have to say I love the grip enough that I might actually sacrifice other firearms to get a couple of these--IF I can get all black.

I've watched several YouTube reports on the 43X and I have to say the ones I watched seemed to be the usual ho-hum "it shoots fine" type videos.

I'd expect that from Glock but then again I remember the debacle over early Glock 42's and their issues.

I'm guessing range reports will be similar to those of the shorter Glock 43, but any time changes are made to a design I believe there is always a "Beta testing" phase.

So I'm looking for reports on how your pistol is doing if you have one of these.

Feedback Score
    My wife recectly purchased the 43x after shooting my Glock 48. We both really like shooting the 48 and it shoots perfectly and accurately with the front and back sights lined up, as it should. Both the 43x and 48 have the Ameriglo sights with the orange front sight which really helps with sight acquisition and quick shooting. NOW, to the 43x.....as other reviews and youtube videos have said, it shoots low. I proved this to be true as well. Once I raised the front orange sight a good 1/4" above the back sights; all shots were exactly where I wanted them to be. I'm OK with that minor adjustment. I do prefer the 48 over the 43x because of the extra 1" barrel length and sight radius. To me the 48 may just be Glock's perfect single stack gun.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have been very please with mine. I find it much easier to grip and control over the 43, which I also own. For my hand size and grip on the pistol, there is a drastic difference vs the G43x grip size and the mag extender on the 43. While the 43 mag extender works, it’s simply not the same for me. I also prefer the shorter barrel for my use.

Accuracy has been great for me. I have not experienced low groups. I too have the AmeriGlo sights. So far, about 600 rounds in, it’s been reliable and I have not experienced one malfunction.

My wife likes it too. I just bought her one but with standard Glock sights. She hated the 43 but likes the 43x and shoots it well.

I don’t care for the two-tone but it’s a pistol that is intended to the concealed. It’s not a show piece and I am pretty comfortable I’m not giving up any tactical advantage vs a black pistol (I’m being sarcastic).

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    After rereading the thread on whether or not Glock will eventually issue these en masse with black slides I decided to pass on the two-tone Glock 43X. I handled one this weekend at the LGS and I have to say I love the grip enough that I might actually sacrifice other firearms to get a couple of these--IF I can get all black.

I've watched several YouTube reports on the 43X and I have to say the ones I watched seemed to be the usual ho-hum "it shoots fine" type videos.

I'd expect that from Glock but then again I remember the debacle over early Glock 42's and their issues.

I'm guessing range reports will be similar to those of the shorter Glock 43, but any time changes are made to a design I believe there is always a "Beta testing" phase.

So I'm looking for reports on how your pistol is doing if you have one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I wouldn't anticipate any issues with the 43X or the 48 as they are mechanically identical to the 43 and 42. The only thing that isn't proven on it is the magazine.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I understand the two-tone is not as durable as the black finish on most Glocks. Given that Glocks are designed to be ugly, the silver finish tends to go against that on the one hand and wears quickly on the other. Bottom line: You have a gay finish that looks like an abused bitch in short order.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I understand the two-tone is not as durable as the black finish on most Glocks. Given that Glocks are designed to be ugly, the silver finish tends to go against that on the one hand and wears quickly on the other. Bottom line: You have a gay finish that looks like an abused bitch in short order.
    Who cares? It's a Glock.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Who cares? It's a Glock.
    Exactly, to hell with the looks, just send it. She can be ugly(i dont think so) but she wont fail you

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Really sums up my feelings about it.

That said, what would the wear be? Matte silver wearing to shiny silver?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Who cares? It's a Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Okay, what about how it shoots? Enough about the color already.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How many times have you mentioned not being particularly concerned about fit and finish on Colts?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast