Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X Shooting Reports?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Okay, what about how it shoots? Enough about the color already.
    Piling it on:

Quote Originally Posted by cscoios View Post
    My wife recectly purchased the 43x after shooting my Glock 48.... NOW, to the 43x.....as other reviews and you tube videos have said, it shoots low. I proved this to be true as well. Once I raised the front orange sight a good 1/4" above the back sights; all shots were exactly where I wanted them to be. I'm OK with that minor adjustment. I do prefer the 48 over the 43x because of the extra 1" barrel length and sight radius. To me the 48 may just be Glock's perfect single stack gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc;2733082[B
    ]I have been very please with mine. I find it much easier to grip and control over the 43, which I also own.[/B] For my hand size and grip on the pistol, there is a drastic difference vs the G43x grip size and the mag extender on the 43. While the 43 mag extender works, it’s simply not the same for me. I also prefer the shorter barrel for my use.
    Accuracy has been great for me. I have not experienced low groups. I too have the AmeriGlo sights. So far, about 600 rounds in, it’s been reliable and I have not experienced one malfunction.
    My wife likes it too. I just bought her one but with standard Glock sights. She hated the 43 but likes the 43x and shoots it well.
    You don't even read your own threads?

I'm probably going to get a 48 just for GSSF shoots.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My G43x shoots well. I find it more accurate and less felt recoil then my 43. As expected, due to the longer grip.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    How many times have you mentioned not being particularly concerned about fit and finish on Colts?
    Touche. I just hate that damn silver. If the 6920 came in satin silver I'd never own one.

Now enough about the damn color.

I started this thread for shooting reports, not to go on and on about the gay satin slide on the Glock 43X.

How's your 43X shoot?

Is there a consensus they shoot low, or are you "limpwristing it, Bro."

Is reliability 100%?

How about brass to face?

Anybody put enough rounds through one to experience breakages yet (doubtful)?

Any mag issues?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have you watched some of the you tubers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5t3UxCVQDs
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    You don't even read your own threads?
    Of course I read them but one or two anecdotes just makes me want more responses. For example: I'm hearing not everybody shoots low with them.

Have you watched some of the you tubers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5t3UxCVQDs
    I had not seen that one. I watched MrGunsngear and three or four others. I got kind of frustrated because they didn't really offer much more than the usual overview without really going into any details that I didn't already know about every Glock. I didn't spend hours on it. I just started thinking after a while "well no one has evidently shot one of these very much."

One concern I had, having been burned by an early Glock 42, is that the 42 would spontaneously drop the mag on occasion. WTF????

What I look for is stories of mag design problems with the 43X (haven't found any yet), or other issues that might have come about due to the lengthening of the grip frame. I'm not saying there are any, just that this is part of my research.

I'm still debating the "shoots low" issue. I know Gen 5's require a different front sight height IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is one area in the "Beta testing" that I'm going to keep an eye on before I purchase one.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Shawn Ryan loves the Glock 43, but really did not seem to care for the 43X. I have only handled them, have not shot one yet though. However I am in the camp that does not like the Glock 43 at all, even though I enjoy almost everything else they make.

98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Shawn Ryan loves the Glock 43, but really did not seem to care for the 43X. I have only handled them, have not shot one yet though. However I am in the camp that does not like the Glock 43 at all, even though I enjoy almost everything else they make.
    That's got some good info in it. There's enough doubt now in my mind that I think I'll wait and let everybody else Beta test the Glock 43X before I get one. My experiences with the G42 made me never want to be the first one to purchase a new Glock model ever again.

Oh, 26 Inf, just so you don't miss a beat.

I actually ended up getting rid of the "purple" Colt 6920 that I said didn't bother me.

I woulda kept it, but a $2,500 tax bill this year made me have to sacrifice some stuff, and well, the purple finally became expendable if the other alternative was to get rid of my PA State Police 6520.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been abusing a G43X for several months with superb results.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I've been abusing a G43X for several months with superb results.
    No obvious things like "shoots left", "shoots low", or anything else you want to report? No BTF? Even minor things you want to report?

The guy in the video just HATES his. The contrast is interesting how one person can love it and another hate it.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 05-08-19 at 15:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    For example: I'm hearing not everybody shoots low with them.

I'm still debating the "shoots low" issue. I know Gen 5's require a different front sight height IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is one area in the "Beta testing" that I'm going to keep an eye on before I purchase one.
    I think one of the problems with folks shooting low might be the 'bold' front sight and how the shooter establishes their sight picture.

I have found that with a fiber optic front sight it is pretty important to know whether you are supposed to be focusing on the tip of the front sight blade or the dot to get your sight alignment if you are expecting precision - which is not necessarily the primary purpose of a front sight with a huge hi-vis orange circle around a tritium tube. Take a look at this picture:

Attachment 57215

Notice how the tip of the front sight post is aligned/level with the top of the rear sight blade?

Notice how the three green dots are not aligned?

So, if you raised the front sight to bring the edge of the orange circle to align with the top of the rear sight you would shoot slightly high. Conversely, if you lowered the green dot on the front sight into alignment with the dots on the rear sight you would shoot low.

The dots are for a coarse, fast sight picture or for dimlight usage. Other than that folks need to focus on the front sigh for precision. This is one of the reasons that most serious shooters like black on black sights for precision

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast