Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X Shooting Reports?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I think one of the problems with folks shooting low might be the 'bold' front sight and how the shooter establishes their sight picture.

I have found that with a fiber optic front sight it is pretty important to know whether you are supposed to be focusing on the tip of the front sight blade or the dot to get your sight alignment if you are expecting precision - which is not necessarily the primary purpose of a front sight with a huge hi-vis orange circle around a tritium tube. Take a look at this picture:

Attachment 57215

Notice how the tip of the front sight post is aligned/level with the top of the rear sight blade?

Notice how the three green dots are not aligned?

So, if you raised the front sight to bring the edge of the orange circle to align with the top of the rear sight you would shoot slightly high. Conversely, if you lowered the green dot on the front sight into alignment with the dots on the rear sight you would shoot low.

The dots are for a coarse, fast sight picture or for dimlight usage. Other than that folks need to focus on the front sigh for precision. This is one of the reasons that most serious shooters like black on black sights for precision
    And I've found that in your house once you touch off the bright light you lose whatever benefit you got from the illuminated dots in the first place, or so it's been in my experience. Sure, you've got three dots in the dark but once you turn your LED Surefire on you're back to looking at all black sights. So I can see their reasoning.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Oh, 26 Inf, just so you don't miss a beat.

I actually ended up getting rid of the "purple" Colt 6920 that I said didn't bother me.

I woulda kept it, but a $2,500 tax bill this year made me have to sacrifice some stuff, and well, the purple finally became expendable if the other alternative was to get rid of my PA State Police 6520.
    I remember you mentioning that you hated to do it but were probably going to have to sell something.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No obvious things like "shoots left", "shoots low", or anything else you want to report? No BTF? Even minor things you want to report?

The guy in the video just HATES his. The contrast is interesting how one person can love it and another hate it.
    Nothing he hated had to do with function. I hate the 43 but it's fine functioning gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Nothing he hated had to do with function. I hate the 43 but it's fine functioning gun.
    Didn't I see a divot where it bit into his hand? Granted that's operator error but that'd make me hate the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I remember you mentioning that you hated to do it but were probably going to have to sell something.
    I sold stuff I swore I'd keep. I bought maybe the last 6920 with an LE prefix serial number in this area just for "investing" and I had to sell it. My Vietnam tiger stripe camo Colt 6920 went out the door. The purple 6920 is gone.

If I kept it, it's a shooter. All I have is a bare minimum collection now. I was sick at my stomach for the last month.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Didn't I see a divot where it bit into his hand? Granted that's operator error but that'd make me hate the thing.
    Yep....and? Again, nothing about function just how you personally interact with the gun. Lots of people get hammer bite from 1911 and HiPowers and lots don't

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Yep....and? Again, nothing about function just how you personally interact with the gun. Lots of people get hammer bite from 1911 and HiPowers and lots don't
    But you say you hate the 43, too. I'd hate the 43 due to the short frame. Love the grip on the 43X. I probably need to re-watch the video. He hates on it so much I may need to watch it again to extract the "objective" gripes versus mere bitching.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And I've found that in your house once you touch off the bright light you lose whatever benefit you got from the illuminated dots in the first place, or so it's been in my experience. Sure, you've got three dots in the dark but once you turn your LED Surefire on you're back to looking at all black sights. So I can see their reasoning.
    A front lit target at night generally does make your sights sharp and clear.

If asked to name one of the primary disadvantages of night sights, most police firearms instructors will tell you that they can allow shooters to get sight alignment on a target they haven't positively identified as a threat.

Back in the mid-70's I sent a Model 28 of to have a guy put 'L Tronic Night Sights' on the revolver. There was an LED in the front sight and an LED in the rear sight, activated by a pressure switch in the Pachmayr grips. (the mod cost nearly what the revolver did, but my wife budgeted it as a piece of safety equipment). When it arrived, I quickly made my way to a closet in the basement and entered total darkness. As I activated the LED's and saw them floating around in the dark, I realized that target identification could be a problem.

If you don't have a WML or flashlight, target identification can be a problem IN SOME CASES, not always.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I kept it, it's a shooter. All I have is a bare minimum collection now. I was sick at my stomach for the last month.
    I hope you've made adjustments to break even next year. We also got hit with having to pay more than we expected because on of the daughters dropped off as an exemption. We'll be ready next year.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    But you say you hate the 43, too. I'd hate the 43 due to the short frame. Love the grip on the 43X. I probably need to re-watch the video. He hates on it so much I may need to watch it again to extract the "objective" gripes versus mere bitching.
    His gripes were ....gritty slide and shooting left. That it! Minor annoyance of none compatible mags.

I dislike the 43 for the grip. I have like 2.5 fingers on it and at the same time it's narrow. I can't even explain how awkward it was to shoot. Like trying to get a good grip on a wine cork that's recoiling in your hand. But I have that problem with all guns that size. However, it functioned just fine and fairly accurate but I couldn't shoot it fast
    Last edited by Arik; 05-08-19 at 16:54.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Hilton Yam of 10-8 Performance shared his thoughts on the G43, G43x, and G48. He considered the G43 the winner concerning smaller pistols offered by Glock. You can read his report on FB.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast