Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X Shooting Reports?

Feedback Score
    I have a 48 and think the trigger feels about the same as any other Glock, including my non-X G43.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I recently picked up a 43X to replace my 642. So far, it has 300 rounds through it. 115, 124, 147 ball, 124, 124+P, 135 +P, 147 JHP. Zero issues, although it’s a low round count. I’m thoroughly impressed with its accuracy (I suck at distance with pistols). Everything is stock to include the standard Glock sights.

Once I get another 300-400 rounds through it and a good AIWB holster, I will start carrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    After rereading the thread on whether or not Glock will eventually issue these en masse with black slides I decided to pass on the two-tone Glock 43X. I handled one this weekend at the LGS and I have to say I love the grip enough that I might actually sacrifice other firearms to get a couple of these--IF I can get all black.

I've watched several YouTube reports on the 43X and I have to say the ones I watched seemed to be the usual ho-hum "it shoots fine" type videos.

I'd expect that from Glock but then again I remember the debacle over early Glock 42's and their issues.

I'm guessing range reports will be similar to those of the shorter Glock 43, but any time changes are made to a design I believe there is always a "Beta testing" phase.

So I'm looking for reports on how your pistol is doing if you have one of these.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .223Pound View Post
    I have a 48 and think the trigger feels about the same as any other Glock, including my non-X G43.
    I just installed APEX trigger and connector from APEX. Same style as 17/19/22/23 frames. The trigger safety in the middle of the trigger is a poly material and not aluminum like other Glock triggers from APEX. It did take the heavy HUMP out of the middle of the trigger pull.
    I also have a set of Ameriglo Agent, Orange frt sight for the 43/43x/48. I ordered a 43x complete slide off Gun Broker and installed it on my G48 pistol.
    The slide came from The Modern Sportsman in Mn. Fair price and fast shipping. Very pleased with the 43X slide length.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Everything is stock to include the standard Glock sights.
    Replace the sights. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had a 43x about 6 months now. Probably 500 rounds through it. No issues.

The gun is great but I think I prefer a 26 with a pinky extension. I have fairly large hands and the double stack grip just fits better. I stil carry the 43x regularly and im not actively trying to get rid of it, but if a trade for a 26 canne along I'd probably jump on it.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now have around 900 rounds through mine since last week. Finally figured out why it was shooting left. Trigger finger placement. Using the pad Id shoot left. When I put my finger further in and use the bend at the first knuckle it shot true. Funny thing is I don't need to do that with any other gun I own or have shot to include the G43, Shield, Ruger LCP, revolvers.....

While at the range decided to rent the P365 just for shits and giggles and to compare. Sig is a much more accurate gun, at least in my hand.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Now have around 900 rounds through mine since last week. Finally figured out why it was shooting left. Trigger finger placement. Using the pad Id shoot left. When I put my finger further in and use the bend at the first knuckle it shot true. Funny thing is I don't need to do that with any other gun I own or have shot to include the G43, Shield, Ruger LCP, revolvers.....

While at the range decided to rent the P365 just for shits and giggles and to compare. Sig is a much more accurate gun, at least in my hand.
    I have found that shooting the 43 and 43x that a lot more trigger finger is necessary to get the results you want.
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    You know......I don’t need help spending money kind sir!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Replace the sights. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    As the great Mr. Hackathorn stated.... “Glock sights are nothing but plastic dovetail protectors.”

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    As the great Mr. Hackathorn stated.... “Glock sights are nothing but plastic dovetail protectors.”
    Even though the Gen 5 sights are redesigned somewhat, No good for serious shooting.

Ameriglo Agent Orange or Trijicon HD XR Orange for me. Even on the smaller pistols 43/43x/Shield
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast