I've been collecting AK's and AR's for a couple of decades, though I've always been good about maintaining a manageable level to keep numbers in check. I noticed however that prices on AK's keep climbing while prices on AR's are going down. Seems that an Arsenal AK is a better overall investment than say a Colt or BCM. Especially on the second hand market. I know we have a large amount of AR manufacturers that attribute to the overall competitive market but even base model AK's like say an Arsenal SLR 107FR or WPB Fox47 costs more than say a basic Colt LE6920. Seems that you would think with larger numbers of AR's available especially at lower prices, that more people would be buying AR's- driving down the prices of competitive rifle systems like AK's but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. Another odd thing I noticed is the price of 74 variants going way up even though the supply of 7n6 ammo has been cut off- to me that doesn't make sense but it's happening. Just a strange market it seems. Guys bidding up AK's for thousands while factory Colt's are sitting for hundreds. What do you guys make of this market?

RR77