Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quality factory AK's now cost more than brand name AR's and are a better investment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    For what it costs these days to pick up Colt AR's I'm honestly surprised people aren't stacking them deep. It's like they forget the $2500 pre-bans during the 90's. There may never be another time in history like this to acquire these items.
    Agreed. I purchased five of the Mexican Colt 6920's that were offered on Gunbroker a while back for $700 each. Not only was the price unbelievable, the bonus Mexican markings will make them somewhat more collectible. I also bought a Colt OEM-1 6920 for $600.

Feedback Score
    I just know in hindsight I wish I could have bought a few Mak90's back in the 90's and sat on them all these years. Even in their neutered state I'd double or triple my money per gun. I bought a MISR-90(which I thought was a Mak90 at the time) in the mid '90's. Unfortunately my early 20's self didn't have the foresight to think "I should buy a few of these" nor the disposable income to do so anyway.
    Last edited by Kevslatvin; 05-08-19 at 15:16. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    I bought my MAK-90 at a LGS for $179. Then I went to a gun show the next weekend and saw them for $149. I was disappointed that I had wasted $30. I guess that I didn't do so bad after all.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

An Arsenal SLR-107 is still THE SHIZZ of the AK world. OTHER than getting my old Polytech Legend back , it's the only AK I'd ever want to own.

THAT said, a thousand bucks is STUPID money for anything OTHER than a pre-ban AK.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Yea...I think I paid about $450 for a new AES-10B. (7.62 semi Romanian RPK) .

Sold it for about $700 several years ago. Oops.

It ran fine. Now people want $1200 or more for them. No way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Meh on AKs

Feedback Score
    This inversion signals red alert—get out of old AKs and into a combination of top end stuff being imported in small batches (B&T, SAN) and cheaper but high quality stuff that can't realistically sink lower (Colt ARs and ammunition).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yea...I think I paid about $450 for a new AES-10B. (7.62 semi Romanian RPK) .

Sold it for about $700 several years ago. Oops.

It ran fine. Now people want $1200 or more for them. No way.

The AES-10B's are being imported again, only they are now over $1400. My issue is that they are still selling these AKM/RPK's with wood 1980's furniture. At least Arsenal BG, when they do get around to importing complete lines are offering modernized furniture, rail systems etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Danus ex View Post
    This inversion signals red alert—get out of old AKs and into a combination of top end stuff being imported in small batches (B&T, SAN) and cheaper but high quality stuff that can't realistically sink lower (Colt ARs and ammunition).
    Perhaps if you're doing it from an investment standpoint, but I buy based on what I want to have for my collection. I've found with guns and coins that if I buy what I like in nice condition, they'll generally increase in value over time. I have to disagree about the B&T and SAN offerings. Their prices have already taken up most of the upside potential. B&T offerings are not limited, so that will keep them from increasing in value. SAN's offerings are at least limited, but they're even more expensive. I totally agree with you about Colt AR's and ammunition.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    An Arsenal SLR-107 is still THE SHIZZ of the AK world. OTHER than getting my old Polytech Legend back , it's the only AK I'd ever want to own.

THAT said, a thousand bucks is STUPID money for anything OTHER than a pre-ban AK.
    I wouldn't call a SLR 107 "THE SHIZZ of the AK world", I have one and a new production WASR 10. I consider both of them to be the 6920s of the AK world, basic no frills go to war rifles. I hate the painted finish Arsenal uses, I wish it was just a thick parkerized finish like on the WASR.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast