Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BCG Problem or Not?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I doubt it's going to smooth out much, maybe the high points will get polished a bit. The steel gas key is much harder than any part of the aluminium upper receiver or charging handle that it could possibly rub on, just watch those parts for any undo wear for a while. If nothing happens you should be gtg. I doubt anything will happen, it's not like it's a big burr hanging out there to snag and grind your upper.
    It’s already completely smooth, the machining is good, it’s just the finish. Sounds like nothing but cosmetic though, especially considering it was like that new.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I meant it's never going to look like the other side. A nice flat machined surface.

Feedback Score
    If there is no where on the upper then the where on the BCG must have occurred during the manufacturing process. No where on the upper also means it has worn in as much as it's going to. I don't think it's a problem, other than cosmetic.

Feedback Score
    LOL... I'll Fix this for You>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMann View Post
    If there is no wear on the upper then the wear on the BCG must have occurred during the manufacturing process. No wear on the upper also means it has worn in as much as it's going to. I don't think it's a problem, other than cosmetic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey, RVT: Didn't you just break internet rule #4 - Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

Mods, as much as it would amuse me to see this ramble on for 30 or 40 pages, as they say in the newspaper business: 'put it to bed.'
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    OPPS, Sumtymes, I just cannnnn't help meself

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Hey, RVT: Didn't you just break internet rule #4 - Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

Mods, as much as it would amuse me to see this ramble on for 30 or 40 pages, as they say in the newspaper business: 'put it to bed.'

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234