Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Vltor RE-A5 --- availability zero - Now available

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Per the usual the receiver extensions and full kits are both in stock at BCM.

Nagpur makes the receiver extensions too.

What is the obsession with the Vltor ones? I have both and prefer the BCM.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If you read my OP I was looking for suggestions. I ordered one that got back ordered forever. I was unaware of others. The one I have "ain't broke and didn't need fixin' " So I ordered another. Totally forgot about about it and one day realized something must be wrong. Within a week of my post Vltor released a ton of them to resellers.

If I ever get another I might try a BCM. It's not an obsession. Like you say, you even have Vltor. I'm yet to -need- something other than the Vltor and it seems like a quality item to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Per the usual the receiver extensions and full kits are both in stock at BCM.

Nagpur makes the receiver extensions too.

What is the obsession with the Vltor ones? I have both and prefer the BCM.
    I have the Mapul, BCM and both of the Vltor optons. The Vltor has the nicest finish inside and out plus the laser etched stock position numbers on top of the tube. The BCM is second best as far as finish and Magpul comes in third.

But in this forum function is more important and they all work fine.

I prefer the Vltor RE-10/A5SR 6 position receiver extension because it's compatible with more stocks.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    With all the panic buying going on these days, I’ve been surprised to see A5 components consistently in stock.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    With all the panic buying going on these days, I’ve been surprised to see A5 components consistently in stock.
    Magpul A5 compatible receiver extensions are out of stock... Not sure how long they've been out of stock though?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Agreed.

For seemingly months now I have been able to find the tubes and the buffers in stock somewhere I am comfortable buying from at any time. For example, right now, Primary Arms has a bunch of A5 buffers in stock and BCM has an Intermediate/A5 8 position RE in stock. The springs as usual are easy to find, probably if you're buying now grab a green Sprinco from PA along with the buffer. I'm sure other places do too. I even put one together recently that used the BCM A5 RE, vltor A5 buffer, and Geissele Super 42 rifle length spring. ha

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567