Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is There a Budget Pistol You'd Trust Your Life To?

Feedback Score
    Well, you are on a forum based on a founding principle that spending one or two hundred bucks less to get a shitty AR vs a solid AR is retarded.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    Sure even a hi-point works but combining "trust my life" and "budget" in the same sentence is like oil to water. Having a budget backup (dedicated vehicle, other locations in house) is fine but as a primary, get a quality handgun that's proven and do not settle.
    Not necessarily. My example of the Makarov is the best one I can think of. I've also heard good reports about the Ruger LCP although I haven't shot mine enough to consider it vetted.

What about the Ruger EC9S?

Beretta Pico?

Bersa Thunder?

Romanian TT33 Tokarev?

Czech CZ83?

Zastava M70?

Just throwing examples out there. I have no experience with any of these.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    No, next stupid question. Maybe Weaver or Isosceles? Aimed vs point shooting?

LMFAO.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Well, you are on a forum based on a founding principle that spending one or two hundred bucks less to get a shitty AR vs a solid AR is retarded.
    Exactly.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Not necessarily. My example of the Makarov is the best one I can think of. I've also heard good reports about the Ruger LCP although I haven't shot mine enough to consider it vetted.

What about the Ruger EC9S?

Beretta Pico?

Bersa Thunder?

Romanian TT33 Tokarev?

Czech CZ83?

Zastava M70?

Just throwing examples out there. I have no experience with any of these.
    Something is ALWAYS better than nothing at the end of the day. Purchase the best you can afford until you can buy something better.

I have no clue about those listed as they would never cross my mind as applicable primary CCW options.

Would you buy cheap Jack stands to hold up your 10k lb vehicle while you work under it because they function like all the others? Some would say yes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    Something is ALWAYS better than nothing at the end of the day.
    Of course a firearm of some not completely $hitty sort is better harsh language or a sharp stick with poo.

But when you can find LEO trade in M&P / Glocks for $300, why the frack would you dumpster dive below that?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Of course a firearm of some not completely $hitty sort is better harsh language or a sharp stick with poo.

But when you can find LEO trade in M&P / Glocks for $300, why the frack would you dumpster dive below that?
    Exactly. That is a perfect choice. I'm a glock guy myself because reliability trumps absolutely everything.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    You have a point but not everyone is sophisticated in surfing the net for bargain trade-ins and whatnot. A lot of people walk into Sportsman's Warehouse and try to get something basic without a lot of time put into it. Not everyone is a "gun person" who has the time or the energy to turn a handgun purchase into a research project.

I wanted a consensus where I could advise someone not sophisticated with handguns to "go down to Sportsman's Warehouse and get X pistol" and rock on.

A lady friend asked me for advice on an inexpensive handgun she could put in her purse and shoot enough to get good at without it putting her into debt and I wanted to give her a simple answer.

That's all.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 05-08-19 at 11:16.

Feedback Score
    I have a Polish p64 that has worked just fine, $149.
    Had a cz52 with jhps, but it's on the large side, and you risk over penetration, for $250.
    Had a friend with a tokarev in 9mm, always worked, about $200.
    At the shop, we sold bersa thunders as fast as we could get them, maybe 1 complaint. I have a bersa in 22lr as a suppressor host, it runs great.

There was a time when there no glock police trade ins, the trade ins were revolvers.
    Not that I would feel under armed with a revolver in the least.
    Last edited by Gunfixr; 05-08-19 at 12:08.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    $300?

Caniks would be it for a budget pistol you can find at Sportsman's Warehouse. And I'm not sure I'd trust one.

I would rather spend a little extra coin (or maybe it isn't more coin, depending on where and what) and get a police trade-in Glock. Or a little more coin than that and get into a S&W CHP 4006TSW, 6906, USP40, &c. If it's carried in a purse, I could see a decent argument for a Vz82. There are P22X pistols going for about $300-400, too, but I'd want to examine it before I bought it.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast