Thread: US Optics TS Series

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

US Optics TS Series

https://www.usoptics.com/tactical-sporting-series/

I haven’t seen much discussion on these yet, but I am seriously considering their TS-6 or TS-8 for a LPVO, mostly because those with an ExpertVoice account can get a substantial discount.

According to USO they are built in China but they are QC’d in the US and held to the same manufacturing standards as the rest of their line. Chinese mfg is kind of a turnoff but I doubt USO would put their name on something that’s junk. Other than that I don’t see much to hate, has anyone had any hands on experience yet?
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    If you can get a good price i def wouldn't overlook just because of where they are manufactured. They have a good rep and doubt they would put out junk

Th capabilities of the top Chinese factories has been getting very good. They are not all junk like they used to be. The Athlon ARES ETR is Chinese produced and has gotten a ton of praise over on the hide for clarity and quality. I would personally want to see one in person before purchase, but would have no problem buying if it checked out. Tale a look at an Athlon ARES ETR locally if there are any around to see what the quality can be if done right

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I really have a hard time getting behind USO. The USO of the past had QC issues of its own even with their US constructed scopes and now that they have been completely bought out, moved, re-branded, and moved production its even harder for me to swallow. Their old 1-4 was my favorite LPVO for about 4 years until it died and the DFP dot just shit the bed. Instead of fixing it, they gave me one of their new 1-6s the SVS. I sold it after one outing as everything I liked about their old 1-4 was not mirrored in their new 1-6.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought a SVS 1-6. Had a canted reticle right off the bat, and asked for an RMA. They responded quickly and I had it back to them in early Feb 2019. I requested an update a month later, and received news that they were moving, and all service operations were closed until April once they stood up their new shop after the move. I have requested updates on the RMA status a few times since, with the same answer (soon) - my last exchange was a promise to just send me a new scope if they couldn't get to it within a week or two. As of May 11, I still don't have my scope back. Based on my service experience, especially when compared to other scope makers, I won't be giving them my business. Happy to send evidence/timeline to anyone who is curious.

Buyer beware.

Personally, I'd be looking at the Viper PST 1-6 over anything from USO in the TS line.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I sent back 3 Chinese made optics this year already trying to save a few bucks.

These optics were from reputable optics companies who "QC" their optics, spec and design them here.

2 from one company, and 1 from another. Their CS was outstanding.

I know they have come a long way glass and clarity wise but the build quality is still a long way off.

I'm done with chi-com optics.

From now on I'm saving my $ and buying better made optics.

I would rather have a couple of high quality optics with QD mounts that I can just switch between rifles instead of trying to budget an optic for every one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I really have a hard time getting behind USO. The USO of the past had QC issues of its own even with their US constructed scopes and now that they have been completely bought out, moved, re-branded, and moved production its even harder for me to swallow. Their old 1-4 was my favorite LPVO for about 4 years until it died and the DFP dot just shit the bed. Instead of fixing it, they gave me one of their new 1-6s the SVS. I sold it after one outing as everything I liked about their old 1-4 was not mirrored in their new 1-6.
    I'm curious how long it took USO to service/replace your scope - I'm going on 4 months on my SVS 1-6.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyyder View Post
    I'm curious how long it took USO to service/replace your scope - I'm going on 4 months on my SVS 1-6.
    2 months but the swap out came before the move and right after the buyout.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    saw a review of the 1-8 on youtube, seemed decent, but the anodizing looked something you'd find on a walmart scope. so the info here about them being China made makes a lot of sense now. also the reticle looks like a jackson pollock painting

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyyder View Post
    I bought a SVS 1-6. Had a canted reticle right off the bat, and asked for an RMA. They responded quickly and I had it back to them in early Feb 2019. I requested an update a month later, and received news that they were moving, and all service operations were closed until April once they stood up their new shop after the move. I have requested updates on the RMA status a few times since, with the same answer (soon) - my last exchange was a promise to just send me a new scope if they couldn't get to it within a week or two. As of May 11, I still don't have my scope back. Based on my service experience, especially when compared to other scope makers, I won't be giving them my business. Happy to send evidence/timeline to anyone who is curious.

Buyer beware.

Personally, I'd be looking at the Viper PST 1-6 over anything from USO in the TS line.
    Nothing ever seems to change with USO. Literally for as long as I've had the internet, stories of shoddy QA/QC and CS are the theme.

Feedback Score
    I bought an SVS last year; I believe around October. (I wanted a U.S. made optic.) I had a battery connection issue and USO repaired it quickly in about 3-4 weeks. Their customer service was hassle-free, attentive, and professional. This occured before the big move from Montana to the East Coast. (Moving out of California was a good thing, in my opinion.)

I'm considering selling it, not because of dissatisfaction with the optic, but because I want more magnification for the KAC LPR it was intended. I'm currently looking at USO's B10.

I don't have any experience with their newer Chinese lineup. But, given their VERY GENEROUS ExpertCity/ExpertVoice Military discount, they are worth a shot. (Their Military discount is better than their competition - which means something to me.) If the optic doesn't meet expectations, you can always sell it for little, if any, financial loss.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by coal-cracker; 06-19-19 at 05:22.