Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Ambi Charging Handle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Which Ambi Charging Handle?

With ambidextrous becoming more and more prevalent I figured I would jump on the bandwagon and see what it's all about.

I am having trouble deciding between the BCM Gunfighter and the Giessele Airborne. Currently I am running non ambi BCM CHs in all my ARs, both 5.56 and 7.62 and I like them. I have no experience with Giessele CHs.

What does M4C say?

Thanks!
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BCM and Raptor are both solid.

ETA- I left out Geissele.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Much love for the Geissele SCH (optic equipped rifles) and the smaller latched ACH (RDS rifles), but I never pay full price and stocked up on the 50% off Xmas sale. Before that the most I had paid was $57 for one.

The new BCMs look nice (older versions pinched the #$%& out of my fingers often), but as I'm good with Geisseles offerings, I haven't used one.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I <3 the Geissele. SCH or ACH, doesn't matter. I like them both.

I've also used the Raptor. The Raptor's fine. If I had one, I probably wouldn't feel any great need to buy a Geissele. But I'd rather have the Geissele, all the same, and would probably end up buying a G, anyway.

If BCM had come out with their newer charging handle before the Geissele charging handle, I'd have probably bought and tried one by now. But I haven't, because I have no complaints about the Geissele and see no reason to go with something I haven't tried when I like the Geissele so well.

Like Rhino, I've used the older BCM charging handles and got my fingers pinched every now and again.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 05-08-19 at 13:12.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Between the BCM and Geissele Airborne I prefer the Airborne.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wigbones View Post
    Between the BCM and Geissele Airborne I prefer the Airborne.
    +1 I love my airborne model.

Feedback Score
    another AR-15 ambi is the Troy. has controls that's about the size of USGI mil-spec, but ambi small paddles. goes on sale every now and then at PriArms for about $60, at least that's what it was a few years back.

another option to consider, especially if you don't want BIG control surfaces, paddles.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Much love for the Geissele SCH (optic equipped rifles) and the smaller latched ACH (RDS rifles), but I never pay full price and stocked up on the 50% off Xmas sale. Before that the most I had paid was $57 for one.
    This.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    In order: Raptor, Badger Ordnance, and BCM. The Raptor family is very well thought out and extremely robust. I also like that they offer a vented version for suppressed use. The Badger ones are excellent as well. Very smooth, radiused lines, but on the upper end of the price spectrum. BCM speaks for itself and I really like the current generation for being lower profile than the previous versions and the cost is extremely fair for what they are.

I have had the Geissele SCH and the Airborne version and I'm not a fan or either, they are bulky and expensive. Plus I refuse to give Bill any more of my money for how they have handled a specific government contract.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    BCM all the way. My reason is that I can't stand MASSIVE charging handles. And their current model is awesome. We run one on Pappabears SPR. Solid, good size, and works right.

If you like monster charging handles, no problem, but my sternum hates them.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast