Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Ambi Charging Handle?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Thank you gentlemen. Looks like Ill be ordering an ACH. Hopefully there will be a sale on Memorial day.
    Solid choice. I don't have much experience with different ambi charging handles but the ACH is far and away the best I've tried

Feedback Score
    The new BCM Gen2 Ambi is great. I prefer the 3x3.

Feedback Score
    The Raptor is the best of the players IMO, but the ACH will serve you equally as well.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Thank you gentlemen. Looks like Ill be ordering an ACH. Hopefully there will be a sale on Memorial day.
    I bet there will be.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    The new BCM Gen2 Ambi is great. I prefer the 3x3.
    I actually prefer the original BCM Gen 1 versions. Vltor was supposed to continue making them according to the last email I received from them about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I actually prefer the original BCM Gen 1 versions. Vltor was supposed to continue making them according to the last email I received from them about it.
    i also prefer the BCM Gen 1 ambi version. when the newer model was introduced, and they were having clearance sales on the Gen 1, I stocked up.

another CH that is nice, but pricey though, is the Rainier Arms Avalanche. I have that for some of my AR-15 uppers and some of my AR-10 uppers. Also, I also have a Badger Ordnance CH for an AR-10, but they have an AR-15 version also.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    +1 for the ACH. I use it on my SPR type build, which has a scope mounted to it. I prefer smaller charging handles, and it allows me to easily cycle the bcg (even with the scope in the way) without being obnoxiously large.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I find it hard to believe a person who has been here this long, wouldn't know how to use the search feature and the multiple discussions which have taken place about the various ambi-handles.

With ambidextrous becoming more and more prevalent I figured I would jump on the bandwagon and see what it's all about.

I am having trouble deciding between the BCM Gunfighter and the Giessele Airborne. Currently I am running non ambi BCM CHs in all my ARs, both 5.56 and 7.62 and I like them. I have no experience with Giessele CHs.

What does M4C say?

Thanks!

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I just swapped out a Geissele ACH for one of these in my SR15 CQB Mod 2. I only shoot that rifle suppressed and so far, it does seem to have an edge over my Geissele ACH as far as gas mitigation when shooting indoors; however, gas was never that bad before on that rifle with a full sized 556 QDC. The Gen 2 supposedly addresses the complaints that some people had with the Gen 1 sometimes coming unlatched. So far, so good but I haven't used it enough to know if the change will be permanent.

https://www.tacticallink.com/Armaged...-for-AR15.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    In order: Raptor, Badger Ordnance, and BCM. The Raptor family is very well thought out and extremely robust. I also like that they offer a vented version for suppressed use. The Badger ones are excellent as well. Very smooth, radiused lines, but on the upper end of the price spectrum. BCM speaks for itself and I really like the current generation for being lower profile than the previous versions and the cost is extremely fair for what they are.

I have had the Geissele SCH and the Airborne version and I'm not a fan or either, they are bulky and expensive. Plus I refuse to give Bill any more of my money for how they have handled a specific government contract.
    What the deal with the gov contract?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast