Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Are We About to Go to War with Iran?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    FBI Warns of potential attacks inside the US if we go to war with Iran:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-warns-...ry?id=63857763
    Then by all means we should let them do whatever the f**k they want obviously, huh? My God, a war with Iran is so foreboding as to strike fear in the hearts of even the hardest among us.

Jesus H. Christ, I'm so sick of hearing this. I will remind those who would fail to remember my previous comments that "I don't want a war with anyone", so keep snide comments to the contrary in check. That said, can we get the f**k over the g-damned Iran Fear? It has permeated this country for nearly 40 years. Hell, even in Reagan's days it was like "Oh God no, you don't want a war with Iran". F**k Iran. They are not some invincible juggernaut, with claws hidden throughout the world to kill you in your sleep if you dare defy them! Screw those cocksuckers if they have it coming. They have HAD it coming for a long long time, but lets say for the sake of discussion that we wipe the slate clean.....the deaths of [any other] U.S. personnel calls for a smackdown of epic proportions, just because.

I'm willing to look at this as we move forward as a "new" dealing with Iran (despite the entirely deserved ass-kicking they've repeatedly asked for over the years), but the deaths of U.S. personnel is COMPLETELY and UNEQUIVOCABLY unacceptable.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    Right? I actually looked him up on Instagram after I saw that picture to see if he was still alive. I’m following him now. Hope he continues posting! I’m not big fan of athletes making political statements, but this guy really put his nuts on the line!
    That is really nice to know. Hope he stays safe.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    You have a valid point, ABNAK. What if we had still been tolerating Hitler into the 1960's. At some point we gotta get it over with.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    Right? I actually looked him up on Instagram after I saw that picture to see if he was still alive. I’m following him now. Hope he continues posting! I’m not big fan of athletes making political statements, but this guy really put his nuts on the line!
    I've got a lot more respect for him that that Rapahoe chick playing soccer who kneels during the anthem.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Trump's strongest Tweet yet?

Replying to @realDonaldTrump
    ....Iran’s very ignorant and insulting statement, put out today, only shows that they do not understand reality. Any attack by Iran on anything American will be met with great and overwhelming force. In some areas, overwhelming will mean obliteration. No more John Kerry & Obama!

8:42 AM - Jun 25, 2019

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...acks-will-mean

Iran's ignorant and insulting statement:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...sed-iran-warns

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Then by all means we should let them do whatever the f**k they want obviously, huh? My God, a war with Iran is so foreboding as to strike fear in the hearts of even the hardest among us.

Jesus H. Christ, I'm so sick of hearing this. I will remind those who would fail to remember my previous comments that "I don't want a war with anyone", so keep snide comments to the contrary in check. That said, can we get the f**k over the g-damned Iran Fear? It has permeated this country for nearly 40 years. Hell, even in Reagan's days it was like "Oh God no, you don't want a war with Iran". F**k Iran. They are not some invincible juggernaut, with claws hidden throughout the world to kill you in your sleep if you dare defy them! Screw those cocksuckers if they have it coming. They have HAD it coming for a long long time, but lets say for the sake of discussion that we wipe the slate clean.....the deaths of [any other] U.S. personnel calls for a smackdown of epic proportions, just because.

I'm willing to look at this as we move forward as a "new" dealing with Iran (despite the entirely deserved ass-kicking they've repeatedly asked for over the years), but the deaths of U.S. personnel is COMPLETELY and UNEQUIVOCABLY unacceptable.
    Preface my statement by saying I don't disagree with you. I think the biggest concern is what Russia will do if we went to war with Iran. Russia and Iran have been in bed for decades, and our meddling via war would be bad for Russia. How would they react?

I think anyone with any knowledge of US military or Iranian military would agree that a war would not last terribly long and the war would not end in their favor.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I think anyone with any knowledge of US military or Iranian military would agree that a war would not last terribly long and the war would not end in their favor.
    It wouldn’t, but I think it’ll be worse than many expect, especially if we’re talking “nation building” like Iraqistan. It seems like people are on one side or the other - war will either be easy or hellacious. As long as no one else gets heavily involved, I think it’ll be towards the easier side, but not where the last two were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    It wouldn’t, but I think it’ll be worse than many expect, especially if we’re talking “nation building” like Iraqistan. It seems like people are on one side or the other - war will either be easy or hellacious. As long as no one else gets heavily involved, I think it’ll be towards the easier side, but not where the last two were.
    Hell no! If we HAVE to cut loose on Iran then destroy it (to include infrastructure like water and electricity), unseat their government, then GTFO. Supply dissident groups with EFP's (first and foremost), MANPADS, and RPG's. Let beaucoup Iranian Revolutionary Guards and Quds Force burn to death in an instant from molten copper. Payback is a bitch.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Hell no! If we HAVE to cut loose on Iran then destroy it (to include infrastructure like water and electricity), unseat their government, then GTFO. Supply dissident groups with EFP's (first and foremost), MANPADS, and RPG's. Let beaucoup Iranian Revolutionary Guards and Quds Force burn to death in an instant from molten copper. Payback is a bitch.
    Good ideas or not, do you really see that happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Preface my statement by saying I don't disagree with you. I think the biggest concern is what Russia will do if we went to war with Iran. Russia and Iran have been in bed for decades, and our meddling via war would be bad for Russia. How would they react?
    We now have it that it would take a pretty good whack from Iran to get us to act. Shoot down a P8, cruise missile attack on a frigate or if they are really stupid a carrier. You get a USMC Lebanon level of attack and who knows what doom Trump would release- and the Russians will have to sit there and try to figure out how to re-arrange the rubble in Iran. Russia invade the Baltics? Nah. It's summer, so they can't turn off the gas and to Germany and have the best impact. If anything they had better watch out that their Ukrainian operation doesn't become a defensive mess for them. Shutting the Straits would send China's economy completely in the shitter- just when Hong Kong showed how the Commie leaders will bend a bit. That happens on the mainland and holy cow, that would be a mess.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast