Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We About to Go to War with Iran?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I think that you have folks in place who would like nothing more than to kick off a war with Iran, Bolton for example.
    26Inf- I value your opinion on this board, I find you to be intelligent on many subjects. May I ask, do you not think we need to go ahead NOW with some kind of action...BEFORE they get even stronger, bolder & crazier? What do you think needs to happen.
    Genuinely curious, not being a smart ass.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Well, Bolton. So....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Angry

You mean all that Obam-... I mean, TAXPAYER MONEY - by the connex-load - DIDN'T buy the Iranian's good will & cooperation?!?!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You mean all that Obam-... I mean, TAXPAYER MONEY - by the connex-load - DIDN'T buy the Iranian's good will & cooperation?!?! ************************

NO !!!!

It did not, but it was a criminal action by our President in my estimation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh boy, more war and more immigrants.

And to think I wasted 8 years bitching about Obama.

YangGang 2020. At least I get an extra grand a month in NEETbux

I’m sick of “winning”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    26Inf- I value your opinion on this board, I find you to be intelligent on many subjects. May I ask, do you not think we need to go ahead NOW with some kind of action...BEFORE they get even stronger, bolder & crazier? What do you think needs to happen.
    Genuinely curious, not being a smart ass.
    Well, you asked....

I don't think we should have backed out of the nuclear deal with them. Not saying that it was a great deal, but we kind of left a bad taste in the mouth of the other signatories, several of whom are allies, rapidly becoming former allies under this administration. Most knowledgeable sources apparently believed that Iran was in compliance. I think President Trump's administration was too focused on how Iran was acting in other areas such as Syria and Hezbollah.

At this point, we are on the road from being a trusted partner, to being a partner of necessity for many of our Nation's allies.

Nonetheless, we have come to this point, and here is what I believe should happen regarding Iran and the Middle-East in general:

If we get involved in a shooting conflict with Iran, that will play right into the hands of the Russians, and the Chinese. Guarantee you the problem in Venezuela will grow by leaps and bounds. And who else in the middle-east would we be battling?

Quite frankly, everyone in the world who keeps an eye on such things knows our military is getting frayed. We have solid troops, but they are too few and too worn to take on anything else right now. The other elements of force projection 1) transport to get the troops deployed and then keep them supplied is already stretched; 3) the Navy is facing a material and personnel readiness crisis because of the op-tempo; 4) likewise the Air Force. If I know that from reading open source material so does anyone else who cares to look. Russia and China would love to see somethin cook off with Iran to get us further in the hole readiness wise so that it will take us even longer to recover.

If I were given a free hand, I would begin building the armed forces back to 1990-91 levels. That would mean an across the board tax increase. The times we are living in have become near as, if not more volitale, than they were at the height of the Cold War in my opinion.

This will take time, and we need to calm things in order to get breathing room.

To signal that our build-up was not predatory, if I was given the keys to our foreign policy, I would realign our middle-eastern commitments. Countries would have to make a choice whther they want to remain our allies or go it on their own without our aide other than for basic humanitarian needs.

To that end, Israel would have to accept the stationing of U.S. troops in sufficient numbers to maintain order in the disputed areas (until a two-state agreement is brokered) and provide a credible deterent to any Nations set on Israel's destruction. Under my doctrine, to attack Israel would be to attack the U.S. and result in full scale war. As a result, Israel could begin to play nicer with it's neighbors and, hopefully in a decade, we would be able to reduce our footprint.

I would go to Iran and say we had a good thing going for you, and we need to reestablish that path.

Now, I'm not a complete fool, that is pie-in-the sky dreaming.

If we need to go into Iran, we need to do it with full force and effect, no half-steps. That means that we will likely be fighting other Nation's and taking and holding ground. That means emergency mobilization - the draft. It will be messy, it probably will expand. Otherwise, we are just going to be marching in place with no real progress for another 18 years.

The question is, do the America people have the guts for that, or will they allow the leaders to squander the lives of our youth for another decade? You can bet President Trump nor Bolton will be doing any fighting. (I won't either for that matter.)
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-08-19 at 21:45.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Iran has plans to attack USA targets, in the region and around the world. We have hard intelligence on this and we shared it with the USA.

Regarding the deal obama made with Iran, my friends father was the Israeli Ambassador to IAEA and he told me that the deal would give Iran the bomb 100%.

When we took 1000 pounds of documents from Iran, it became evident they had switched from an overt nuclear weapons program to a covert one. But it was still going forward.

Israel has been and is still fighting a covert war to shut down or at least slow down the program.

The correct course of action for the USA is too shown our might and also to tighten sanctions even more. Choke the country.

Riots in Iranian cities are an on going thing, the people are fed up. So make it even worse the them, they will blame the leadership and try to over throw the government. These same people if it becomes a shooting war will line up at recruiting offices to be cannon fodder.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Screw their oil, we’ve got more than enough to sell.... In fact, we’ve got so much, my company started shutting in wells. Too much production, not enough infrastructure..... Iran can suck it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No. The urging to attack Iran is primarily coming from Saudi Arabia. That is why we went into Iraq and Syria. And they will want us kept in there for as many years as possible to strengthen their control over the ME.

Let’s stop being the bitch boy for Saudi royalty. When there is a direct threat we should crush it and move on. When the Saudis wet their man dresses we should laugh, tell to have at it if they want it so bad but we are staying out of it from now on.

Get off our damn knees from the Saudi dicks. Start fighting only for direct American threats and quit running around shooting whoever the Saudis point to next.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Realistically our need to be involved in the Middle East is inversely proportional to our capacity to produce our own oil for energy, and industrial applications.

The balance of the equation has changed in the last 10 years, but our foreign policy hasn’t caught up. It’s long overdue for a serious review.

I suspect that we could probably ignore the entire region and still survive. With that in mind I see no compelling reason to commit US forces to conflict in the area that do not affect our economic interests or security. The economic interests portion dwindles everyday, and with it the national security interests.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast