Thread: ETS Magazines for Glock, .40S&W

Feedback Score

ETS Magazines for Glock, .40S&W

I bought three 30rnd ETS mags for my Glocks in .40S&W. I had seen mixed reviews of them, but they were only ≈$17 each, so the price was right (far less than 22rnd OEM mags @ $30+), and they hold 30rnds, and the vender from whom I bought them will accept returns, so I figured I would try some.

I thought I'd share my limited experience with them: I put ≈100 rounds through them, mostly loading them with 5-10 rounds to see if they would work (see below).

Two problems:

1. They don't drop free... It's not that they swell when loaded, like the original Glock mags, it's that they're oversized and a snug friction fit in the magwell. Even when empty, they don't drop free. This wouldn't be a deal-breaker, except...

2. They misfeed. When I press the slide release/lock lever, the first round out of the mag sometimes nose-dives into the bottom edge of the feed ramp, rather than chambering, .

Sling-shotting the slide then usually chambers the round, but a stoppage is a stoppage: Not OK!

Of the three mags, one failed repeatedly mid-magazine. Of the other two, one failed 2 out of 4 times, and one failed 3 out of 5 times.

NB: This was using my reloaded ammo and my filthy old Gen2 "range" gun. Maybe they would work fine using factory ammo and a cleaner or newer gun, but my filthy old gun always runs 100% with my reloads with any OEM Glock mags, and I'm not about to change my gun or change my favorite .40 load to suit finicky aftermarket mags.

I think that if the feed lips were spread a bit or wore a bit over time (or if I modified them), then these would present the top round a bit higher and run better, and they might even work reliably.

Even if they did, though, the not-dropping-free thing is annoying.

So, as much as I love to solve problems, I'm going to return these.

Caveat Emptor!

Feedback Score
    Same experience with the 19 round .40 ETS mags. Tried them in 3 different pistols, same results - rounds nosediving into the feed ramp. My 9mm ETS mags have been reliable, so far.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ETS has been pretty good with folks about trying to fix problem mags. I'd contact them and see what they will do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    ETS has been pretty good with folks about trying to fix problem mags. I'd contact them and see what they will do.
    They were good with me by sending replacement springs. When that didn’t solve the problem, they exchanged them with AR mags. The AR mags have been flawless during semi-auto fire, but I experienced FTF during full-auto fire.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lonnie1120 View Post
    Same experience with the 19 round .40 ETS mags. Tried them in 3 different pistols, same results - rounds nosediving into the feed ramp.
    Did any of yours ever drop free?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    It's just not worth it. My time/energy are too precious for me to try to fix problem mags when I can buy OEM Glock mags that work perfectly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Did any of yours ever drop free?
    Yes, did not have a problem with them dropping free.

Feedback Score
    Is that a "yes" they did drop free?

Or a "no," they didn't drop free, but you didn't see any problem with that?