Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster suggestions for class

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Holster suggestions for class

I want to take a revolver pistol class. However, revolvers are not my primary carry but I would like to have more practical experience with revolvers so I'm not looking for anything expensive. Don't need $100+ Safariland rig for a class or two.

Ideally something inexpensive, used is ok, used police holsters are ok. LEFT HAND for SW K frame 10,13,15 or N frame 27 or possibly a GP100. All 4 in barrels

If anyone has any laying around in storage at their department is be interested in a LEFT HAND one. Speed loaders as well

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Left hand holsters usually go pretty cheap on fleabay.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Left hand holsters usually go pretty cheap on fleabay.
    Agreed. I have a lot of LH holsters, most bought there.

If you are going to take a class from an instructor, why not ask them if you can borrow one?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good luck man. Thats badass taking a revolver class. I shoot Wed night matches with a guy that can outshoot me with his PC 357. So fast. It's cool to watch. Good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Take a look at Viper Holsters. He’s down your way. Joe will hook you up.
    Are you taking a class from Sights & Trigger in September?
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Agreed. I have a lot of LH holsters, most bought there.

If you are going to take a class from an instructor, why not ask them if you can borrow one?
    Didn't even think of it. I tend to be the only lefty. Occasionally there's another student as well. I did ask if he knew of any and he pointed to one on Amazon. Ordered that one.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Take a look at Viper Holsters. He’s down your way. Joe will hook you up.
    Are you taking a class from Sights & Trigger in September?
    Thanks, will do. Yes Sept 7 I believe.
    Can't wait to juggle gun and speed loaders as I attempt to reload a cylinder that opens the wrong way?!
    Last edited by Arik; 08-08-19 at 06:57.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    See you there! I am Joe’s AI.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    See you there! I am Joe’s AI.
    I know. I'm the guy that gave you those road flares!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm in the same boat. New to revolvers and I only have the one. I'm trying to find a holster. Is there any criteria one should be looking for? This isn't the 80's so I don't think I need a thumb break. I found some like new stuff on various auction sites that are simple leather pancake style.

On a side note, I e-mailed Joe but have not gotten a response. Can anyone fill me in on how to pay for the class and reserve a slot?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    I'm in the same boat. New to revolvers and I only have the one. I'm trying to find a holster. Is there any criteria one should be looking for? This isn't the 80's so I don't think I need a thumb break. I found some like new stuff on various auction sites that are simple leather pancake style.

On a side note, I e-mailed Joe but have not gotten a response. Can anyone fill me in on how to pay for the class and reserve a slot?
    He usually responds within a day or two.

This is what I ended up buying.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TF8&psc=1&th=1.

It fits K and L frames (I know the picture is a Glock. Disregard that). Along with King Cobra, Python, Trooper; Ruger GP100, Security Six Service Six, Speed Six; S&W 10, 12, 13, 15, 19, 581, 586, 617, 64, 648 K Medium Frame, 65, 66, 67, 681, 686 L Medium Frame 4" revolvers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast