Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Flattop 44 Special

Feedback Score
    Very nice. I'm a big fan of SAs myself and especially Rugers. All of mine are either .45 or .44Mag. I've wanted a .357 for a while.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These are on my short list. I do not know if I can justify a flat top .44 or a Single Seven (.327) first.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs103 View Post
    These are on my short list. I do not know if I can justify a flat top .44 or a Single Seven (.327) first.
    I got the Single Seven as soon as I say the aluminum frame version. When I have it on the trail I've been keeping 32 h&r rounds in it. Lighter and thinner than this one. Hard to choose.
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker
    http://www.bgoodeknives.com

Feedback Score
    have one with the 4 5/8" barrel only .44 spl I own but they are great guns. also have a flattop 6 1/2" Blackhawk in .44 mag both great guns

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dobegrant View Post
    have one with the 4 5/8" barrel only .44 spl I own but they are great guns. also have a flattop 6 1/2" Blackhawk in .44 mag both great guns
    I really like buffalo bore 255 grain 44 spcl rounds.

What do you use for woods type carry?
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker

Feedback Score
    For typical everyday Ammo I use a 240 gr hard cast and 7.5 grains of unique for either gun. I am using bayou Bullets coated Bullets wing good success , no leading and as accurate as any.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thank you
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My wife carries the Bisley model whilst huckleberry picking with 290 gr hardcast at 1000 FPS. I replaced the base pin and enameled the front sight bright red- very handy and versatile gun. I have a 250 truncated come mold inbound as we speak with which to experiment, I’m looking for a little less recoil (for her) while still retaining decent terminal effects. I’ve read, from Brian Pierce IRRC, that going beyond 250 grains in this cartridge raises pressures faster than velocities

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    My wife carries the Bisley model whilst huckleberry picking with 290 gr hardcast at 1000 FPS. I replaced the base pin and enameled the front sight bright red- very handy and versatile gun. I have a 250 truncated come mold inbound as we speak with which to experiment, I’m looking for a little less recoil (for her) while still retaining decent terminal effects. I’ve read, from Brian Pierce IRRC, that going beyond 250 grains in this cartridge raises pressures faster than velocities
    Sounds like a killer gun! Would love to see pics of that one.
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgoode View Post
    Sounds like a killer gun! Would love to see pics of that one.
    IMG_2591.jpgIMG_2592.jpg

The pin is from Bowen Classic Arms and requires fitting to install- greatly improved the lockup. It also features a screw which sets in a dimple in the barrel making it virtually impossible for the pin to fly out under recoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast