Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Several new TQs approved by TC3 Committee

Feedback Score

Several new TQs approved by TC3 Committee

"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe." Luke 11:21

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had the opportunity to use the TMT and SOFT-T (or SOF-T Wide?) along with the latest CATs last October on simulated arterial bleed trauma dummies and uninjured roleplayers. I was impressed with both, despite my dislike of the older SOF-T’s. I really liked the TMT. I still really like CATs, although in live humans I sometimes have difficulty gaining hemorrhage control in certain patients.

I’ve been extremely unimpressed by any elastic tourniquet that I’ve messed with.
    RLTW

“Guys with LPVOs, lasers, and night vision have been killing the dogs**t out of dudes with just iron sights at night with great regularity for about 25 years now.”
    -Jack Leuba /Failure2Stop

“I mean, I get it, you're mad, send me your address, and I'll send you a red cape so then you can be Super Mad.” -Five_Point_Five_Six

“Yep, it's definite. I simply don't care enough what you think.” -SteyrAug

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    When I look at people carrying elastic TQ's, I get mildly disgusted. Especially when they aren't just internet commandoes and may need to use those on someone else.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I still really like CATs, although in live humans I sometimes have difficulty gaining hemorrhage control in certain patients.
    Bariatrics and peds?

If best taken to PM, hit me up.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Obese dialysis PTs.
    Last edited by 1168; 05-18-19 at 07:10. Reason: Reasons

Feedback Score
    True.

They are not very much like your average combatant out running around getting a traumatic bleed.

Their arterial system is also non anatomically connected to their venous system in that extremity and may require a TQ both above and below the bleed.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yeah. CATs work well for Military aged and reasonably fit people.
    RLTW

“Guys with LPVOs, lasers, and night vision have been killing the dogs**t out of dudes with just iron sights at night with great regularity for about 25 years now.”
    -Jack Leuba /Failure2Stop

“I mean, I get it, you're mad, send me your address, and I'll send you a red cape so then you can be Super Mad.” -Five_Point_Five_Six

“Yep, it's definite. I simply don't care enough what you think.” -SteyrAug

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    When I look at people carrying elastic TQ's, I get mildly disgusted. Especially when they aren't just internet commandoes and may need to use those on someone else.
    RATS, SWAT-T? Not my go to, but something is better than nothing. I might look at a few of the new approved ones, but I don't see replacing my CAT or SOFFT-W TQ's anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Yes, specifically those two. Something MAY be better than nothing, but relying on something of a known lesser quality may not be a good way to go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    RATS, SWAT-T? Not my go to, but something is better than nothing. I might look at a few of the new approved ones, but I don't see replacing my CAT or SOFFT-W TQ's anytime soon.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...58615946463672
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe." Luke 11:21

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast