Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 45 mated with Gen 4 Glock 19

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    It wouldn’t cost me anything in regards to money. Well, that’s not entirely true, it would cost me money in ammo for the range.

I own both guns, so it would be a parts swap and then off to the range. Permanently modifying my guns isn’t something I’m into, i.e. grip chops and slide modifications. (Unless it’s for an MRDS)

Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    I don't understand the why? I mean they're your guns and dollars so you can do what you want but for the dollars I would think you could either shorten the 45 grip or have the slide on the 19 serrated up front. At 25 yards most won't notice an appreciable accuracy difference. 50 maybe, 100 yes depending on your eyesight.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I did read on TOS about the concerns with not swapping the lower parts because of this. One person did state they used an orange slide plate and everything looked good. However, I think you’re right, it’s nothing to switch parts and have a solid piece of mind that they work. Plus I like the mag release of the G45 better than the Gen 4.

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Thought of doing something similar in mating a Gen 4 19 frame with a Gen 5 (G45, 19 or 19x) slide and trigger assembly because:

- I'm picky about my magwells
    - only in black
    - I get bored easily, and need a new project

Pretty sure you're gonna want to trade out some of the lower parts. Not sure how the Gen 5 drop safety has affected the geometry of the cruciform. If it's needed, then you would need the corresponding trigger spring and housing so...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Here’s my first world problems...

G19 - slightly faster times, less accurate at distance. Slightly better conceal-ability. Horrible Glock knuckle which makes long strings of fire uncomfortable. Dislike the finish of the slide and the lack of front serrations.

G45 - times are acceptable, way more accuracy out to 25 yards. Concealable but requires a little more work. Zero issues with Glock knuckle, gives me a better grip which allows better control. Solid finish and has front serrations.

I have a pocket gun for the extremely hot days when I don’t feel like carrying the Glock.

My thoughts were a compromise of sorts. G45 upper with the Gen 4 lower. I’m not sure if that’s the best answer. The Gen 5 19 is good, but add in the cutout and the cramped frame, I’m back to zero.
    Edit- i think having slide cuts added to the 19 would be the easiest. I dont see what else would be different.

A gen5 g19Mos sounds like it ticks all your boxes.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-11-19 at 10:52.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    How did it shoot?
    Ran a few mags through. Worked fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12