Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Legion 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun: Sept 7-8, Park City, KY

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I had the 2143 still in my head for the powerline. I am looking at the board and going where's the 3. Kept hitting the targets but not getting told "hit" since I was out of order. Much tougher match than last year's.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I had the 2143 still in my head for the powerline. I am looking at the board and going where's the 3. Kept hitting the targets but not getting told "hit" since I was out of order. Much tougher match than last year's.
    You were not alone, my friend. It's always hard to tell what will trip people up. Usually the things I think will be hard, people do easily. But the things I take for granted cause people all kinds of issues!
    Last edited by Matt in TN; 09-12-19 at 08:20.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The downside to working with SF guys is that they are always on the move - as soon as I get to know them, they get deployed and/or move on somewhere else and I never hear from them again. The upside is that there is always a new group of guys who move in to help, so I'm always meeting more and more amazing and humbling Green Berets.

One of this year's group had a great sig-line on his email I had to share. When I asked where the quote came from, he said he saw it on a wall at one of their ranges in 2006, and had no idea where it came from. I think it fits us perfectly though:

"The extreme among us believe in all or nothing, go big or go home. For the extreme, average is not enough. There will always be a boundary to break, a limit to push, a goal to demolish, and more to achieve."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pictures are up! As always, feel free to share them with friends and family, but credit Lisa Stennett if you do. Permissions and credit REQUIRED for commercial or promotional use.

She works hard on this, and all she wants out of it is a little credit. Help me make that happen.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/163548...U--X36JBiXQL9E

And because I had many people ask about it, the two film crews on site were from Lucky Gunner Ammo (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzn...hNEPUSvDydDPAw) and Gun Stuff TV (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN..._UzqZqM-iX1wuA). It will likely take 2-4 months before they finish their editing and publish anything, but I will post something when they do.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We were lucky to have Scott Kiefner and GunStuff TV join us on Saturday to run the 5k a few weeks ago.

Check out their outstanding Documentary Short they put together about their experience!

Last edited by Matt in TN; 10-03-19 at 17:52.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Cool video. Good to have some more word out about the event to get more interest and competitors. Good work guys.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    There is a cnn documentary on hulu called "Legion of Brothers" about the 5th group and steping in first for the war on terror.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    There is a cnn documentary on hulu called "Legion of Brothers" about the 5th group and steping in first for the war on terror.
    That is a great one - thanks for bringing it up!

Feedback Score
    Do we have any information about this event for 2020?

I'm trying to get some dates on a calendar at work. Being 'first' is easier than being 'best'....

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I noticed on brian enos forum that rockcastle has a new owner for the range and separate owner for the lodge. Fingers crossed it stays a great range and not a subdivison.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast