Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Legion 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun: Sept 7-8, Park City, KY

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I think our football field is still under 6 ft of water. Has been for the past 3 months. Guess it would make for a good swimming area, minus the giant snapping turtles and sewage. Nothing like all the junk in the mississippi river.
    I'd keep my junk out of the river - I bet it's nasty!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm thrilled to announce Buddy Jewell has committed to play Saturday night at the Lodge, along with his son Buddy Grey (with Grand Division) and Jonathan Wells. Details are still in the works, but it's likely that some of this will spill over to Friday night - but the main idea is for the entertainment to start about the time the final runner comes in, keep you guys busy while I tabulate scores, and then really kick into overdrive after the awards ceremony is complete.

Buddy Jewell was the winner of Season 1 of Nashville Star and multiple time winner on Star Search: https://www.buddyjewell.com/

Buddy Grey and Jonathan Wells are rising stars in the Nashville scene: https://www.jonathanwellsmusic.com/ https://www.granddivisionmusic.com/

Last edited by Matt in TN; 07-26-19 at 09:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Follow-up: these gentlemen are donating their time to support 5th Group and the Special Forces Association. Please do take a minute to visit their websites and support them however you can in return! For example - Buddy Jewell has a new album out: Shine On. Check it (and his others) out here: https://www.amazon.com/Shine-Buddy-J...dmusic&sr=1-12

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Reminder: you will need a light of some kind to navigate and shoot in the cave (Stage 3). If you show up without a light you will not be allowed to shoot and will be given a zero for the stage. Weaponlights are fine to shoot with, but you'll also need a separate light to navigate parts of the cave before the shooting starts. I don't care if you carry a giant spotlight with a 12V truck battery, but you must carry it for the entire course!

If you've never been to the cave before, here's a preview video from 2017 (the names are different, but the basics are the same this year) that will give you a better idea what to expect:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Reminder: This Thursday, August 8th at midnight is the deadline to withdraw from the match and still get a full refund. Any requests for withdrawal that come in after that will only get a 50% refund until August 24th, and then zero refund after August 24th.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Is the 5K booked up yet ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yep - it sold out literally minutes after it opened. Go ahead and register and get on the waitlist - I can't promise anything, but if history is a guide we'll have several cancellations at the last minute and chances are good that we'll clear the waitlist (so far).

Unless you're 5th Group. I have several special reduced price slots saved for those guys. Email me directly at mstennett.at.twlakes.net if you are and I'll set you up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We always have some questions about scoring and penalties. Short version: if you came to last year's match, it will be the same.

If you're new: Each shooting stage will be weighed equally, and all the shooting stages combined will be weighed equally with your net run time (finish time minus start time minus any wait times). So you must both shoot well and run fast to do well at this match.

Each shooting stage will have a total of 180 seconds to complete. Any targets not fully neutralized per the course of fire when you are finished with the stage will add 10 seconds (each target, not each hit) to your shoot time.

Unless otherwise specified - steel targets take one hit to neutralize and paper targets take either 3 rifle hits or 5 pistol hits to neutralize. 5th Group NEVER just takes two shots at a target and moves on - they shoot it until it is no longer a threat. Since we can't really do that here, I asked them for an average number of hits they have made during past encounters. That's how we came up with 3 rifle or 5 pistol.

Any "No Shoots" hit will also incur a 10 second penalty (per target, not per hit) on your shoot time. 5th Group operates under totally different rules than we civilians do, so the scoring will reflect that.

There may be various other bonuses or opportunities along the way. PAY ATTENTION - during the shooter's meeting the morning of match day, during the stage brief, and pretty much all along the course. Those who pay attention, can think clearly, and can put to use what they've seen or heard will be rewarded. That's all I'm going to say about that for now.

Any questions???

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/LKFZvny62Xg

My cousin has been working on his video editing so I gave him my footage of last year's event to edit down. My first Legion run but second run and gun ever. Plenty of pistol matches under my belt. Lots of fun. I usually don't take it too serious, hence some of the comments while running stages, but still pay attention to where I rank in the standings.

Last stage I forgot to turn the camera on at the first shoot house. My holster and scope mount screws were all loose half way through. Loctite is your friend. You can see in the gave how floppy my holster was and I had to keep finger tightening them as I went. 4 of my 8 scope mount screws backed out. Luckily one ring stayed tight and didn't lose zero. Not sure how to embed the video directly into the thread.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great video! You are not the only one to hit your head in that cave...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast