Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Dimpled Barrel Gas Block Installation 2019

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I second the SLR, simple and cheap.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Some manufacturers are actually using aluminum gas blocks? Don't they sooner rather later erode to the point of non-functionality?
    I know the dpms Oracle has one. I am sure some other low tier brands are using them

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Yea but it’s not hard to dimple a barrel.

The SLR kits work well and are like 30 bucks
    I can get two barrels dimpled for that. Or, I can have my gas block pinned for less than $30. I’d prefer to go that route.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I can get two barrels dimpled for that. Or, I can have my gas block pinned for less than $30. I’d prefer to go that route.
    Ok and?

But just think. I’ve self sufficiency ruled the day we wouldn’t have threads like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok and?

But just think. I’ve self sufficiency ruled the day we wouldn’t have threads like this.

Does it count as self-sufficiency if you pin your own?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Does it count as self-sufficiency if you pin your own?
    Only if you don’t post about it online. There’s always a catch I’m afraid.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Home shop or not. There’s no substitute for doing a job properly. A little learning can be a dangerous thing. ��
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Only if you don’t post about it online. There’s always a catch I’m afraid.
    Then I'm good to go, I asked a question, made no statement.

I will tell you that my wife questioned the drill press, as a result I do everything from punching holes in donuts to pinning unnamed objects onto other unnamed objects on the drill press. I also trim my nails on the table saw to justify that expense.

Signed,

Stubby
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have the original BRDE jig as well as their new multi-jig. Both have proven to be fully functional.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    IG is there any particular jig for dimpling the barrel that you prefer over others?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I have the original BRDE jig as well as their new multi-jig. Both have proven to be fully functional.
    This one? https://brdengineering.com/products/2-universal
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast