Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P 2.0 FS vs Compact preferences

Feedback Score
    If you comfortably get your full hand on the compact 2.0, and eject mags without them getting stopped from hitting your hand, get the 4 In compact.

Feedback Score
    In addition to my 4 Shields, I bought the 2.0, 5” M&P, along with the 4 1/4”, 2, 4” Compacts, and a 3.6” Compact. The 5” gun is at my bedside, with a TLR 1 light.
    Since getting the Compacts, I sold the 4 1/4”. I love the concealability of the 4” Compacts, but the 3.6 has fast become my absolute favorite. Dead reliable, very accurate, great trigger out of the box, SUPERB handling, and just carries great. I don’t need anything but the 3.6 (for MY purpose’s. I’m going to add more.

Skip

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    In your position, I would choose the 4" M2.0 Compact. By using the magazine sleeves you can easily replicate the full size magazine capacity if you find a need to do so. Therefore, capacity is a wash. The .25" difference in slide length is hardly significant, so that is also a wash, in my opinion. However, the shorter grip of the compact, when compared to the full size, is definitely easier to conceal. Therefore, the Compact is the winner for you.

The only thing I had to do to my compact was to very slightly sand the side of the grip that rubs against my skin when carried IWB. I have about 4,000 rounds through my compact without a single failure.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Got an M2 Compact and an M2 Shield with it, thx for the insights. Will post an update after range test.

Feedback Score
    Hope you enjoy them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Fact that I cant really mount a decent light on the 3.6 compact is kind of a deal breaker for me. Have two 4" 2.0's but seeing its so close to the full size 4.25 I question why I did it. The new 4" shield looks interesting.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    The new 4" shield looks interesting.
    It does, saw that and considered it yesterday. But I ultimately went the with the original Shield size, the logic being that when carrying this thing, I want it to be really compact, so I'll give up that extra barrel length for concealability.
    Last edited by maximus83; 05-24-19 at 10:28. Reason: fix sentence

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12