Thread: Kaw Valley Precision

Feedback Score

Kaw Valley Precision

Looking to replace the gas rings on one of my ARs...anybody have experience with KVP's AR-15 One Piece Gas Ring? Good, Bad or Indifferent???

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I have NO experience with them but I am the guy who who doesn't try to fix problems that don't exist.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No gas rings BUT I use their buffers. No complaints here.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Some guys have used McFarland rings with success...me not so much. I tried it in one of my guns and it did not go well at all. Took it off and chucked it and never went back. Regular gas ring are just fine.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input gents, I'm going to give this product a whirl...my Colt SOCOM (ca. 2009) is long overdue for gas rings replacement w/10K+ rounds down the pipe. I've noticed it doesn't run like it used to.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Some guys have used McFarland rings with success...me not so much. I tried it in one of my guns and it did not go well at all. Took it off and chucked it and never went back. Regular gas ring are just fine.
    My experience as well. It turned a properly functioning rifle into an exercise in clearing malfunctions.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    My experience as well. It turned a properly functioning rifle into an exercise in clearing malfunctions.
    Yep. It would run maybe 10 rounds, well lubed, and then the BCG would pretty much lock up. Put more lube on, run 10 and lock up. No more.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Yep. It would run maybe 10 rounds, well lubed, and then the BCG would pretty much lock up. Put more lube on, run 10 and lock up. No more.
    My experience wasn't that good. After installing that gas ring I went to about a 30% malfunction rate, and that is not an exaggeration. As I recall I fired two magazines before removing it and putting the standard rings back in. This was in a factory assembled DD upper with DD BCG. I left it laying on the ground and never looked back.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I bought a few McFarland rings years ago and they created issues cycling like others have stated.
    Standard rings are cheap and have a wonderful service life
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I’ve had issues with McFarland rings but I do prefer a 1 piece ring. I’ve not tried the KVP but I’ve had zero issues with the JP 1 piece rings and that’s in machine guns and semis.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.