Thread: SSP Trigger Spring Replacement Options?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SSP Trigger Spring Replacement Options?

Just put a Geissele SSP in one of my 6920's and am really happy with how good of a trigger it is. Want to find a heavier trigger spring for it however, as mine consistently averages about 2.75 lbs using a Lyman trigger scale. Contacted Geissele and they recommended a S3G spring that would take it up to around 6 lbs. Since I'll be replacing the spring anyway, I was hoping to get it between 4-5 lbs. If anybody has replaced their SSP trigger spring, I'd be interested in hearing what you used and how it played out.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I’m not sure why you chose the SSP instead of a good mil spec trigger upgrade then (Geissele QMS, ALG Defense, etc). There are plenty of excellent mil spec trigger upgrades out there. That silver spring should be between the S3G gold and black springs. IIRC, it’s the same spring that’s used on the SSA and SSA-E so it’s their middle strength spring.

Personally, I would be super cautious about mixing another manufacturer’s trigger spring into the system since Geissele designed it to work properly with that spring. Can it be done? Yes but I would not do it.

For the record, I love my SSP triggers. Give it some time to get used to it and you may change your mind.

JMHO.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have two SSP triggers with the heavier gold S3G trigger springs installed. I don't have a way to measure the pull, but it feels like it's in the 4.5lb-5.5lb range. In comparison my BCM PNT triggers feel ever so slightly heavier and are not as smooth as the SSP's even with the gold spring.

I will say, with the standard spring you don't really notice any creep. With the gold spring, the extra tension somewhat magnifies whatever creep the trigger may have had and makes it more pronounced. It's not bad though, and as I said it's still noticeably better than a BCM PNT. This trigger setup is now my preferred trigger for anything wearing an RDS.

If you're looking to increase the weight without degrading reliability, I say go for it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Geissele recommended that I use their S3G gold trigger spring in my SSP which I installed today. Glad I did as the trigger now has outstanding characteristics with a consistent 5.25lb pull as measured on my Lyman gauge. I know that the ALG ACT trigger would have been a lot cheaper but can't image that it would have been anywhere near as nice as my SSP is now.