Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has Colt stopped production of the LE6960.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mine arrived today:

Barrel dated 05/17
    Last edited by phixion; 05-18-19 at 08:55.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mine also arrived today, and my barrel date looks Ike 08/17.

It is completely blemish free. The receiver was completely dry, while the hand guard and barrel were thoroughly oiled.

I'll take it to the indoor range on Friday when the BCG arrives. Also going will probably be an LE6920-R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Mine did too but I’m out of town on work travel. Hard to tell from my phone but yours looks good.

It appears your barrel is stamped with Cage Code 13629? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I almost ordered one the other day with the 10% discount code. I had to step back and check myself. I already have more AR's than I will ever need. Still, that $450 shipped was hard to pass up...…..
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine arrived this afternoon. I'm very pleased overall with appearance and quality of assembly. I mentioned in another thread, absent the BCG and charging handle, I now have a complete Colt thanks to some great sales at Brownell's.

My intent was to sell this, but, I like it. If it shoots okay I'll probably keep it and peddle something else.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Has Colt stopped production of the LE6960.

I was able to open my box today as well. I’m also very happy with the quality. I intend to drop in a spare Colt BCG (non C marked) I bought from G&R last fall and throw it on the $239 Colt complete I got from Brownell’s awhile back.

Based on the various Colt “outsourcing” and “quality” threads, for those interested, the markings are:

05/17 barrel date mark.

13629 cage code and square foundry marks on the upper.

13629 cage code AND C, MP, NATO 1/7, marks on the barrel.

Brownell’s also credited me the 10% off code I missed, so at $450 with the free 2 day shipping I have with my Edge membership, this is really quite a good deal.

(Still, needed it like I need a hole in the head...)

Last edited by arptsprt; 05-17-19 at 21:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Colt BCG arrived today, so I cleaned it, lubed it, and placed it into its new home. The carrier was stamped with the C, and the bolt has MPC and a black dot.

The carbine ran well today, just as expected. I took along a 16" BCM ELW middy with original 13" KMR handguard and a BCM brake. The Colt, even with an A2 flash hider was clearly a softer shooter than the slightly lighter BCM.

Do LE6960s come with 4 position receiver extensions? My Brownell's lower still has the factory 4 position RE attached to it. I ordered a VLTOR A5 for a Mega lower about a week ago, but thought about putting it onto the Colt, but I'll probably not.

Yep, I'll be keeping it.
    Last edited by grizzman; 05-17-19 at 22:24.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    My 6960 has 4 positions on the RE.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not surprised at the receiver extension. I never use the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th positions of 6 position extensions (not a NTCH guy), so the 4 positions work fine for me.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    As does mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    My 6960 has 4 positions on the RE.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123