Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Colt stopped production of the LE6960.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Funny, I kind of did the same thing but sourcing Colt parts from G&R and rail and came up with:

Colt upper - $150
    Colt barrel (6720 w FSB) as comparison - $260
    Centurion 13” Mlok rail - $230
    Gas tube - $15
    A2 - $10
    X Gas Block - $40

= $705. About the pre-sale price of upper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kind of what I thought - I just ordered one to put on the Colt lower I bought from Brownell's last year. I have a charging handle and will use a Toolcraft 1B1B6 BCG. I figure I'll have $719.00 in the rifle.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    Promo code: NEU

Good until 11:59 CDT tonight. Without AJ, it'll come to $450 shipped.
    I owe you. Thanks!
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yeah. I was in a hurry when I ordered mine first thing in the morning and did not pay attention or see they had a coupon code... I had just placed an order for small shotgun parts the day before and didn’t see a code.

I’ll ask if they will credit me but I’m doubtful. On me. Dumb.

Promo code: NEU

Good until 11:59 CDT tonight. Without AJ, it'll come to $450 shipped.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Add another $90 ($40 for Colt Semi ambi safety and Magplul SL grip and Stock for $49 from Primary Arms) and you have a CCU complete carbine for $810.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Kind of what I thought - I just ordered one to put on the Colt lower I bought from Brownell's last year. I have a charging handle and will use a Toolcraft 1B1B6 BCG. I figure I'll have $719.00 in the rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Add another $90 ($40 for Colt Semi ambi safety and Magplul SL grip and Stock for $49 from Primary Arms) and you have a CCU complete carbine for $810.
    That is not a bad deal. I have a boatload of ambi-safeties - IIRC I bought them on sale from CCMG several years ago - but I'll probably look into the Primary Arms Deal.

I have more AR's than I can legitimately use, and am trying to thin the herd so I can put more together. My plan is to keep rifles with unique/cool logos lowers (Sionics, CMT, Centurion, SLR15, etc.). I'm bouncing around on whether Colt meets my coolness criteria and whether I want to peddle this one or keep it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    That is not a bad deal. I have a boatload of ambi-safeties - IIRC I bought them on sale from CCMG several years ago - but I'll probably look into the Primary Arms Deal.

I have more AR's than I can legitimately use, and am trying to thin the herd so I can put more together. My plan is to keep rifles with unique/cool logos lowers (Sionics, CMT, Centurion, SLR15, etc.). I'm bouncing around on whether Colt meets my coolness criteria and whether I want to peddle this one or keep it.
    If I could start all over again, I'd do things differently.

What I have are a few rifles that will go bang when I pull the trigger; nothing more, nothing less.

My rifles aren't cool, unique or desirable in any way. I'm okay with that.

I'm still in the single digits, but as you said, it's more than I can legitimately use. The value of the 6960 upper is what pushed me to buy it, but it's been a "regret" since I've hit submit.

I will probably hang onto it for awhile, but it may end up being sold off. Honestly, I think I'm just tired of spending money.
    Last edited by phixion; 05-13-19 at 11:46.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    Just got an email from Brownells their computer turned the 10% discount into a $10.00 off code. But will get the difference put back within a week.
    Last edited by hickuleas; 05-13-19 at 17:03.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hickuleas View Post
    Just got an email from Brownells there computer turned the 10% discount into a $10.00 off code. But will get the difference put back within a week.
    My order confirmation shows $10 off instead of the 10% that was originally given.

I sent an email looking for a correction.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My order confirmation shows $10 off instead of the 10% that was originally given.

I sent an email looking for a correction.
    After sending the email, I received this:
    Valued Brownells Customer,

We’re reaching out to let you know of a mistake on your recent order.

Your recent order using promotion code NEU should have given you 10% off your purchase price. Through a system error on our end, the correct discount was not applied to your order.

To correct this mistake, we are working on issuing an immediate credit to your order for the appropriate amount. You should see this credit applied very soon.

Best regards,

Brownells Customer Support Team
    It seems they know if the mistake and are being proactive in handling it.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Brownell's usually has pretty excellent customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast