Thread: Pinning Grip Safety

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Pinning Grip Safety

I have a custom STI I will be using for USPSA matches and am looking into pinning the grip safety. Has anyone ever done so, and if so, how simple is it without a drill press? I have seen many of the videos and read the information on how to go about doing it properly rather than just cutting off the tab that engages the sear, but has anyone her done this, and if so can you provide any tips? I like the idea of pinning because it is non-permanent and can always be undone to use this pistol for IDPA, etc., or to sell it.

Feedback Score
    Does your grip safety have a memory bump? After presentation, has your gun ever failed to fire, due to the grip safety? Maybe leave well enough alone.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I ended up pinning it myself. It was not difficult, it is 100% reversible, and does not affect function in any way.

To answer your question, yes. I get a high grip from years and years of shooting other weapons platforms like the glock. Often this means that i have to milk the grip to make sure the grip safety is disengaged. Shooting competition, fractions of seconds count, and all else being equal this provides a competitive advantage for the times when the initial master grip is less than ideal.

Feedback Score
    Instead of pinning, I tried a ranger band (think thick and wide rubber band) on some of my 1911s. Works great and all I have to do is snip the band off and it’s back to normal grip safety function.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I dont get too worked up about the idea of a pinned grip safety in a competition environment. Can't be worse than some of the striker fired pistols I've handled with their aftermarket trigger groups. (Not saying anyone is worked up.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentions of a few different ways to get there.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...e-grip-safety/

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Best use for a ShockBuffer....
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......