Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trigger Pin Troubleshooting

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    On my cell screen it looks like someone installed the FCG in the hammer spring legs under the trigger pin instead of on top of it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger86 View Post
    I know, I have not cleaned it since day 2 of class, I'll clean it tomorrow. The picture should still show spring placement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yes the trigger spring is installed incorrectly. You will need to remove the hammer altogether and reinstall it with the legs of the spring positioned on top of the trigger pin. If you've never done this before it can be a bit of a pain to push the hammer into position and hold it in place while lining up the hammer just right to install the hammer pin. As much as I hate to say it, it may be helpful to watch one or two videos on YouTube before you do it.
    Last edited by SteveL; 05-13-19 at 17:42.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    The legs of the hammer spring should be over the the trigger pin.

The picture at the head of this article shows it pretty good: https://www.itstactical.com/warcom/f...-installation/

Don't sweat it, we've all done something similar.
    Thank you all for the assistance, I truly appreciate it. It will be good to pull the trigger to better clean out that area.

BTW, the trigger came this way, already installed in the lower.

I'm glad it is this instead of a lower tolerance problem since this is a NFA lower.

Mike

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger86 View Post
    Thank you all for the assistance, I truly appreciate it. It will be good to pull the trigger to better clean out that area.

BTW, the trigger came this way, already installed in the lower.

I'm glad it is this instead of a lower tolerance problem since this is a NFA lower.

Mike

If you are going to be changing/installing several over time, I've found this to be handy: https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/hammer-cage/

Pretty nifty little tool.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    If you are going to be changing/installing several over time, I've found this to be handy: https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/hammer-cage/

Pretty nifty little tool.
    Worth every penny IMO.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Incorrectly installed. I am not saying that Grant couldn't have made a mistake, but it seems awfully strange to me that he would have done so. When was this lower purchased?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As it appears in the photo, not only are the legs of the hammer spring below the trigger pin, the u-bend portion of the hammer spring is positioned in front of the hammer instead of at the rear of the hammer. You've had over 2000+ rounds through this set up without a fail to fire? WTF! Like a Timex, it kept on firing!

ETA, After further close exam of photo, the last one, I'm mistaken. The u-bend is positioned at the rear of the hammer. The angle of the photo got me all screwed up!
    Last edited by 3 AE; 05-14-19 at 02:16.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    One of the easiest ways I've found to install the hammer is to simply use your fore finger in front of the hammer and place your thumb somewhat under the tail and on the disco ledge. Press it it down and it will come very close to aligning. I start the pin by hand, press it through and realign the hammer by "twisting" it to align the other hole, tap lightly if required. It does help to spray some MAN on the parts first.

I'll leave the incorrect install alone.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Incorrectly installed. I am not saying that Grant couldn't have made a mistake, but it seems awfully strange to me that he would have done so. When was this lower purchased?
    My best guess is that I bought it in Nov 2017, since I submitted the form1 in early December. My FFL was Pine River Outfitters, in NH.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't pull triggers out of lowers for cleaning, ever. So I assumed it was from G&R that way, but replying to IG made me think about when I bought it. I found my post about the Form 1. Now I believe I might have pulled it for engraving, so it was me.
    I meant no offense in my post, I only mentioned Grant because in my mind that kind of ruled out improper installation...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast