• Curved

47 57.32%
  • Flat

35 42.68%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which kind of trigger do you prefer? Flat vs Curved

Feedback Score

Which kind of trigger do you prefer? Flat vs Curved

Curious what the general consensus was on this issue. Which do you prefer? Do you think there are benefits between either type, or is it simply personal preference? I ask because I'm considering whether I want to order a flat or a curved MBT-2S, and am having a hard time deciding. I might just order both, but only have 1 gun to put them in currently.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I voted for flat, as the Geissele SD-E is my favorite trigger. However, I used the curved MBT on one of my builds, and I like it just fine.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Have both. I don’t see a difference in my performance, doing both slow-deliberate fire and speed work. If I am needing speed, I have been sinking as much of my finger onto the flat trigger just like a curved. When I want to shoot slowly, I try my first pad on the lowest part of the flat trigger.

Bottom line, I feel like the flat is more versatile - I can use it with my first pad or sink my finger into it like a curved when needing the speed.

Just my humble opinion.

That being said, I only buy ALG ACT or BCM PNT nowadays.

Good luck

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I can't say that I've ever noticed the trigger shape while shooting. Which one can you get cheaper?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by controlledpairs2 View Post
    Have both. I don’t see a difference in my performance, doing both slow-deliberate fire and speed work. If I am needing speed, I have been sinking as much of my finger onto the flat trigger just like a curved. When I want to shoot slowly, I try my first pad on the lowest part of the flat trigger.

Bottom line, I feel like the flat is more versatile - I can use it with my first pad or sink my finger into it like a curved when needing the speed.

Just my humble opinion.

That being said, I only buy ALG ACT or BCM PNT nowadays.

Good luck
    Thank you, nice post. I appreciate your differentiation between the two types

Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I can't say that I've ever noticed the trigger shape while shooting. Which one can you get cheaper?
    They are the same price. But I'm also just curious which type people prefer in general

Feedback Score
    I guess I prefer the curved triggers because I have never had a flat trigger.

Feedback Score
    I have both the geissele ssa and sd-c.i like both for different reasons,I like the memory of a curved trigger,as my finger pad lands in the same spot of all my ssa's no matter the rifle(I have 3 ssa's in shtf type carbines).i only have one sd-c in an 18" spr type build,as stated above I rest the bottom of my finger on the trigger guard and pull on the longest part of the flat blade to get more leverage to achieve a lighter pull for precision work.i find the same amount of repeatability as long as my finger is resting on the trigger guard using the flat trigger as with the curved trigger,that being said,it did rain during a 800 round carbine course and the curved trigger did offer my finger(wet and muddy) a very positive purchase.
    Given my experience with both,if I could only have one,it would be curved.my next trigger will be a larue and to be honest it will probably be their flat bow offering due to my ongoing build being a long range oriented project and I am itching to try larue after many years with only geissele.
    Ymmv,good luck.

Feedback Score
    I vastly prefer flat triggers. All my G triggers (SD3G and SSP) are both flat. Unfortunately, I don’t have the funds to buy flat G triggers for all my rifles. I have a MBT2S curved; it’s a wonderful trigger especially around $95 shipped. The flat bow wasn’t out when I bought mine early this year. If you buy a flat bow and hate it, I’ll trade you my low mileage curved model.....

Supposedly, there is a single stage MBT that is beta testing now. I’ll grab multiple flat bow models of that when it’s available.

Feedback Score
    prefer curved. trying to be inconspicuous at the range, low-key. even the MBT is too much of a deviation from "stock" USGI for my tastes.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Curved. I have multiple SSA, SSA-E, SSP M4 and Hi-speed NM DMR triggers, I had a SD-C that I ran through a carbine course and just couldn't get behind it, I ended up pulling it and trading it for another SSA.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast