Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Needing a smaller 9mm EDC... with a manual safety?

Feedback Score
    Beretta Cheetah 84 FS (13+1) or 85 FS (8+1 but thinner). Both .380 acp.

Mec-gar mags $20.

DA / SA and frame mounted safety / decocker.

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.CT0Gm...=7&o=5&pid=1.7

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    5'8", ~140 lb, I AIWB a P30LS with +5 base pads (along with RMR, carry comp, carry magwell, and X400UH). AIWB was the only way I could conceal carry without printing; I do it with size small t-shirts and skinny jeans. I would keep the USP-C and try out AIWB with a good holster, such as a JMCK.
    Who made your holster and which model is it? I've been looking for something for a usp45

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I would suggest a shield.
    I dont know if there is a gadget available for the thin glocks, but maybe a g48 with one if that would ve acceptable to you.
    If you’re talking about the striker control device, yes they are available for the thin Glocks.

On the original question, my buddies that carry Shields like them, and I’m not surprised to see them as the most common answer to the OP.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Also, to the OP, kahr pm9 has a safety model now. I carry a non safety version occasionally, but like you would prefer a safety. I normally carry HK firearms, p30s and usp. Pm9 has basically the same manual of arms and feel as a lem usp, just a lot smaller.

I think mine has been 100% in my hands. I actually just used it in a competition last weekend. However, the few people besides me that have tried it experienced non stop jamming. I think it has to do with grip strength and recoil management, because again, I dont remember ever having an issue with it.

I've read a lot of internet complaints on pm9s and they may be valid... no idea. I think some of it is also like the people who have tried mine and just cant handle the pistol for some reason.... I dont know.

I have a shield 45 also and it always fires, but sometimes has issues with the slide locking back. I like it but it feels quite a bit different from the HKs. It's not a natural transition like to the pm9.

Just my personal experience

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have seen Glocks with thumb safeties. It's an aftermarket part but it's out there

Feedback Score
    P30sks or Nighthawk T3/ T4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullz View Post
    Who made your holster and which model is it? I've been looking for something for a usp45
    Custom order from JMCK. Sent him the complete slide assembly with comp, along with the X400U, and just had him make what he considered a viable AIWB holster. I don't know if he still does that kind of custom work, he's gotten pretty busy.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    S&W Shield is your answer.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Can you explain why you prefer a manual safety vs non for primary CCW? I understand everyone has their opinions but I'm curious.

This is how I approach this and only my worthless opinion.

The absolute last thing I would ever want to think about if my life is now in the tipping scales of a criminals hand is the real possibility to fumble with a manual safety. I'm talking about a real life- live or die situation, not what you perceive in your head will happen. Most people think they have time, can create sepearation etc- not realistic IMO.

What if you are in a one on one struggle on the ground? If you are semi incapacitated by a blow, ambushed from behind, hurt, the long list goes on. Is having that manual safety going to outweigh the possibility you will fumble with it? I understand practice can help negate those possibilities but most people do not train realistically and that extra second or two could have undesired consequences.

If you are holstering a firearm (not floating around in your pocket or a womans purse- do NOT recommend that) then that is your safety.. draw, point, shoot. Take away anything else that doesnt simplify that equation.

Anyone else have reasoning behind needing/wanting a manual safety for your primary CCW?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The possibility of accidentally discharging the firearm while reholstering is the main reason I like having a manual safety. This can happen when a wad of t-shirt or clothing gets in the trigger guard or sits on top of the holster. Draw cord adjusters should be removed from all cover garments.

http://gundigest.com/reviews/draw-qu...&rid=233879035

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast