Thread: Brownells 416 Parts Kit Assembled & On The Range

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Brownells 416 Parts Kit Assembled & On The Range

Pretty fun rifle to get a chance to shoot while I was up at Brownells last week.

Pros:
    -less than 200 kits ever brought in (less than half left FWIW)
    -lower made from an HK 416 forging
    -reliable
    -this particular barrel seems less "over gassed" than factory 416s

Cons:
    -cost
    -barrel/bolt can't be imported from Germany

Feedback Score
    Would love a 416 clone besides the cost of it the big reason I turned away is the lack of the bolt and barrel.
    Ducti Amore Patriae

Feedback Score
    While options are good, I bought an MR556 on this forum for a lot less than most are spending making these Brownells 416-ish rifles (which really are all 416 parts, save the bolt and barrel). It's certainly not the only path to a clone, and there are quite a few options for bolts and barrels.

Feedback Score
    It's a parts kit clone. Your other option is to get the MR556, send it off for remarking, have the barrel re-profiled/nitrided, gas block replaced, and enjoy it. I don't have an interest and I looked into it quite a bit. I have my AUG's as my weird foreign 5.56 rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    It's a parts kit clone. Your other option is to get the MR556, send it off for remarking, have the barrel re-profiled/nitrided, gas block replaced, and enjoy it. I don't have an interest and I looked into it quite a bit. I have my AUG's as my weird foreign 5.56 rifles.
    Agreed. Seems a lot of folks in the comments section of my video just don't understand that.