Thread: Constant Recoil Principle Applied to Handgun?

Feedback Score

Question Constant Recoil Principle Applied to Handgun?

I was watching Forgotten Weapons' Ian run a LMAG and demonstrate on the range the constant recoil system. It seems like that concept would be ideal for a handgun and the ability manage recoil. I tried to google it, but only found references to rifles. Besides the obvious gas versus mechanical operating differences between rifles and handguns, why haven't handguns been engineered to take advantage of the concept? Would the system be too long? Too much variation in grip/position rigidity of the handgrip relative to how far the mechanism can move to eject and load another round? Do the double capture springs on modern guns try to mimic the trick of the recoil spring never running out or travel and transferring recoil? Too much energy bumping things all around to be effective?

Gratuitous 250 round 556 LMAG mag dump at the end:
    https://youtu.be/6hsOrULshco
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think he mentioned little to no benefit on semi auto?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I think he mentioned little to no benefit on semi auto?
    This.

Constant recoil doesn't offer benefits outside of full-automatic fire, limiting its usefulness in handguns to machine pistols.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -