Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Why do we eat our own?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Okay, I just checked GD expecting to find a review from M4C's resident critic. Whats the verdict??
    Im betting its NOWHERE near as good as JW1..and far off from JW2. NOT a Halle Berry fan AT ALL.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    bullying is necessary in the world of the AR

Natural Selection

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Okay, I just checked GD expecting to find a review from M4C's resident critic. Whats the verdict??
    It was a really good movie. I’d say better than JW Ch. 2. Imo. You get to see some handy gunwork by people other than John Wick. You also see some pretty decent cowboy action by none other than Baba Yaga himself. (I think). I thoroughly enjoyed the movie - particularly because I watched 1&2 the days leading up to Friday so it really was almost a seamless 6 hours of WICKedness. Pun totally intended.

It was so good in fact that I’m seriously hoping for a Chapter 4 when I consider that they (IMO) actually outdid themselves on 3 compared to 2. Chapter 1 is a perennial winner and will be hard to surpass.

So in spite of not getting any overpriced movie theater popcorn, I thoroughly enjoyed it and more importantly, the bar I set for every single movie/show I watch..... I was entertained.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Oh you must have been referring to Mr. Coffee himself - Will Brink. My bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I didn’t get any popcorn. Only Twizzlers.
    I've lost my current CEOI and can't decode. Is your chair still against the wall? Did you shave off your mustache?

ETA: follow-on received in the clear.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-19-19 at 23:03.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You got people who shoot and those who dont.

Do you want a Corvette in the garage that "holds its value" that you show company or do you want a Corvette with some tickets behind it, tires that needed replacing, reeking of girl sweat, cigarettes, and a well worn tape of 80s metal in the deck.

THERE IS NO INBETWEEN

Feedback Score
    Both is what I want. Pristine safe queens and war horses covered in enemy entrails.

Feedback Score
    I don't mind it when people buy guns and don't shoot. I don't mind it when people buy guns and shoot.

What I mind is when someone buys a gun, or anything, and then lies to me (and to themselves for that matter) about that something based on all their experience not using it.

For some reason this just irks the hell out of me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twm134 View Post
    I don't mind it when people buy guns and don't shoot. I don't mind it when people buy guns and shoot.

What I mind is when someone buys a gun, or anything, and then lies to me (and to themselves for that matter) about that something based on all their experience not using it.

You find this on every gun board.
    Veteran US Army Combat Medic/US Navy FMF Corpsman

"Well placed gun fire is the best preventive medicine."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twm134 View Post

Agreed. For the last 20 years, the firearms internet has conditioned me to always test things and trust only my own experience. Some examples of forum lies vs. reality:

Lie: AKs suck and you need the latest to shoot well.

Fact: Some of my best iron sight 200 m groups are from AKs. In 2009, my inexperienced, then 79 year old grandfather was making consistent (24/30) 600 yard hits on a steel torso with a Tantal I built, with irons, with 7N6, from prone, with the Tantal's shit bipod.

Lie: Swiss guns are the be-all, end-all.

Fact: They're nice but they're never perfect nor is their value commensurate with their prices. They're just guns, guys.

Lie: The M14 is finicky, unreliable garbage and we should've adopted the FAL.

Fact: Springfield Armory Inc. M1As and USGI parts guns are not equivalent even though everyone generalizes from their SAI experience. My basic, all-USGI (LRB rec) M14s have been perfect over thousands of milsurp rounds and dozens of disassemblies. They are, after the AR, the easiest centerfire guns for normal people to shoot well in my whole collection. They're also antique crap compared to an SR-25 or similar.

The FAL is the worst gun for Minnesota-based civilians. I wanted to love it so much, I bought 2 FNs and built 8 kit guns. In a military context with a controlled ammo supply, the adjustable gas system might make sense. Today, in a world with dozens of 7.62x51 options shooting in a state with a ~150°F temperature range, you spend way too much time adjusting gas for basic function and sights chasing today's POI. That's if you don't lose the gas tube pin. By the way, only some ammo is accurate in a given gun even though it's specced identically.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast