Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we eat our own?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Most of these are very valid points. LaRue is getting off easy in your assessment though
    These are the cliff notes, it's highly encouraged for those who seek the answers to these questions to use the search function as well as google to get the whole story.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Most if not all companies/people have some sort of baggage. Some we will never know, speculation, past behavior elsewhere, firsthand knowledge to confirm suspicion of such while whitewashed to the new kids by someone with something to gain. Same stuff, different place, etc. I've always said the one who can spend hours upon hours on a forum is the default king.

Some groups are funny, the 6.5 Grendel crowd, Blue Box Smith and Wesson purist and the dips hits on Marlin Owners. When we get to AR's, sure I'm a brand snob, but I also have seen first hand what is considered garbage here, shoot more than 99.9% of people here could ever afford to run through one and not break, by the hundreds.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Manufacturers of garbage guns don't necessarily bother me. It's when the manufacturer lies, Astro turf the forums, and turn customers away when their junk fails that I blast them.

LWRC and Olympics Arms are the two monumental scum bag companies that build complete junk and act as though they have premium stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Better yet is all the $hit some manufacturers talk about each other on TOS.

It's worse than a bunch of high schoolers over there, each trying to win the "LIKE ME" award.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    The industry seems to have an unspoken rule to speak no evil of anyone. By the time the consumers notice something, it's usually far worse and gone on much longer.
    Certainly doesn't seem to be in effect on TOS...
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 05-14-19 at 19:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quite right, TOS is for entertainment, m4c for knowledge. I can only take "but Stroke Industries are cheaper" so many times, it's an insult to be compared to foreign pot metal Gucci ghetto fashion poop makers.
    Last edited by Duffy; 05-14-19 at 21:13.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Just don’t go on TOS and push back against the shillers *cough I mean site sponsors pushing BS. It ruffles their britches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    And some people wonder why we have a "Contact the manufacturer first" rule......

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    It's all business. Smart business and altruism go together like oil and water. Too many people mistake smart, mutually beneficial moves to be good will and get way too emotional about this stuff. It's best to leave emotions out of it and stay objective.

Feedback Score
    I bought my first Colt AR15a2 HBar in 1988 after my promotion to Army Captain. It was a gift to myself. I had previously shot the M16a1 and carried in my aircraft the CAR15 XM177. During the ban years 1994-2004, I bought a Bushmaster. Traded it in for an LMT after the ban. Now I only own @ a dozen Colts and LMTs, including SBRs.

Some of us are familiar with certain brands, but if all I had was a Bushmaster or Stag, etc., I'd shoot it. If it stopped functioning in a critical situation, I'd use it as a club. My philosophy is if it sends lead down range with some level of accuracy, go with it. Considering the prices for what are considered top-end ARs these days, your money goes a long ways. Buy what you can afford and have fun shooting it. If you want greater reliability, you can improve on the base low-end weapon by minor parts changes. You're not going to get any lip from me as to what brand you buy.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Here's why the internet hated those companies for a hot minute. (Some of which may or may not be true, depending on your personal perspective)

•Geissele sued some people.
    •Eotech ignored a major flaw in their optics.
    •Aimpoints are expensive.
    •Marty Daniel stepped on his dick and made a statement in support of gun control, also over gassed uppers.
    •Magpul didn't offer enough color PMAGS, and the BAD lever sucked ass.
    •Mark LaRue is kind of a douche, but he makes good stuff.
    •BCM lowers may or may not work with PMAGS.
    •Surefire gave money to antigun politicians, also expensive.
    •Troy hired one of the Ruby Ridge snipers.
    and there's a couple of folks that are real butthurt about Aero, "their specs", their lowers may or may not work with Lancers. they never waste an opportunity to flame on.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast