Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we eat our own?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Quite right, TOS is for entertainment, m4c for knowledge. I can only take "but Stroke Industries are cheaper" so many times, it's an insult to be compared to foreign pot metal Gucci ghetto fashion poop makers.
    Roger, you forgot bougey.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I only like KAC because they are offensively expensive and LMT because they make tranny ARs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Better yet is all the $hit some manufacturers talk about each other on TOS.

It's worse than a bunch of high schoolers over there, each trying to win the "LIKE ME" award.

Certainly doesn't seem to be in effect on TOS...
    How that KB guy from Q talks about his customers and competition

I completely agree with markm. I don't mind manufacturers of low cost stuff as long as they are honest about what products actually are (and that these LWRC DI rifles suuuck haha). I honestly think this site is a little too tough on PSA. These are $330 ARs and are actually pretty ok. Not colt, not KAC, or anything like that but they allow people who would be typically excluded from the market due to financial constraints (1st time buyers, working people with a lot of other expenses, etc). PSA is about as 2nd amendment friendly as any company I have seen so I think they need to get a little more credit for what they do. I own one and it is ok for what it is. Its nice to have a rifle I don't care about.
    "The machine doesn't make the man, the man makes the machine" - Gucci

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One day...I wanna mate an HK416 upper to an Anderson Lower just to unleash the Effing Fury...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    One day...I wanna mate an HK416 upper to an Anderson Lower just to unleash the Effing Fury...
    Bet it would run!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Bet it would run!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    ANDERSON LOWERS = junk!!!! When I started to get parts together to build my first AR I told the Smith at my local gun shop I wanted him to order me a quality lower not an Anderson because everyone said they were junk . He said he had built hundreds of lowers and uppers with about every brand sold and kept up with ones he had problems with and Anderson was as good as any . He said he had to lap uppers from the most expensive companies and some Anderson uppers were ok out of the box . People are snobbish and want anything they own to be great and others brand to be junk .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    And some people wonder why we have a "Contact the manufacturer first" rule......
    I recently had a issue with an upper from a well known and highly respected manufacturer. Rather than unleash capslock hell on the internet, I sent them an email. I got a phone call back the next morning and they took care of the situation in spades, way above and beyond what was expected. Funny how going through the proper channels first seems to lend the best results most of the time.

While it's not quite the same ratio of poor to bougie, I have a BCM BFH upper that I put on a PSA lower and posted a picture of it in some Facebook gun groups. The poors and the big wallet flexers were all angry that day. I've thought about form 1'ing the lower, since it's the first PSA lower I've had that was in spec all around, then seeing how angry they get. I've spent $200 and waited a couple weeks for things that brought less joy and excitement.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by midSCarolina View Post
    How that KB guy from Q talks about his customers and competition

I completely agree with markm. I don't mind manufacturers of low cost stuff as long as they are honest about what products actually are (and that these LWRC DI rifles suuuck haha). I honestly think this site is a little too tough on PSA. These are $330 ARs and are actually pretty ok. Not colt, not KAC, or anything like that but they allow people who would be typically excluded from the market due to financial constraints (1st time buyers, working people with a lot of other expenses, etc). PSA is about as 2nd amendment friendly as any company I have seen so I think they need to get a little more credit for what they do. I own one and it is ok for what it is. Its nice to have a rifle I don't care about.
    PSA doesn’t perform rigorous QC like our favorite brands, so there are plenty of documented incidents of improperly staked gas keys, castle nuts, overgassed barrels, etc. My experience with two complete lowers has been positive overall. They certainly cut corners by weakly staking the castle nuts on the two lowers. It never caused a problem or backed out, but my dad and I eventually staked them properly a few months ago. The RE seemed to be very lightly torqued as well (shoutout to Iraqgunz for predicting that). And they use carbine weight buffers.

That said, I still recommend their lowers to friends looking for a quality first rifle on the cheap. Buy a complete PSA lower, spend $30 for a proper buffer, and snap that sumbitch onto a quality complete upper. The point about them being 2A friendly is a good one. It wouldn’t excuse them from putting out true junk (DPMS), but as a customer I certainly appreciate when they went out of their way to get mags to CA. Ditto for Magpul handing out PMAGs in VT. We rightly chastise companies for anti 2A moves, but we can do a better job of supporting pro 2A companies.

Feedback Score
    Good talk here. When I decided to buy an AR I did as little research as possible. I wanted to avoid the paralysis by analysis trap I so often get into. I decided on a DDV7LW based on the way it felt and looked, no joke. I am happy with it and don't give two flips about the FixNICS issue Marty had. I actually had to go look it back up as I forgot.

The reason I asked is because of a comment I received from a random guy at the range the other day. He saw I had a DD said he'd never shoot one for the love of God or money. I asked him why and his response was "as if you didn't know". I thought that was really weird, almost conspiracy tin foil hattish. It seems like the more I look lately, the more I see this kid of stuff. Most of my hobbies have some really weird people skirting the edges, I guess this is no different.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast