Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we eat our own?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    That was pretty good, man. My brain filled in THOUSANDS after 'tens' without it actually being there.
    I know a Delton that has way more rounds through it than your hobby BCM, at least 50. Gotta hit the range a few more times to beat that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    My fuse is now lit.

You can shit on BCM. You can shit on the Marine Corps. You can shit on my chest if that’s what you’re into.

But the AR-platform Magpul PMAG is without a doubt the most overengineered AR15 magazine ever made.

Period.

Prove me wrong.
    I have a a lot of PMags, both in
    AR-15 and SR-25. However when I find them on sale, I will buy Lancer mags over PMags in a NY second. I think the metal lips are a solid design improvement. Besides who doesn’t like metal lips? I do. I love ‘em.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I know people who swear by Buick but don't want a cheap Chevrolet Ford is good Mercury sucks . Others will tell you you should get a Dodge because there 6 speed is a lot tougher than Chevrolet 6 speeds . Most parts interchange from B to -C & FTP M ( made in same plant) and I don't know about this year but for years the only difference between a Dodge and Chevy 6 speed is the parts # a lot of AR owners are of the same mentality . If it makes them feel superior that they paid. $ 2,000 for brand x so be it . As long as my ARP 6.8s and AR parts 223w s on Anderson uppers and lowers shoot 1/2-3/4 moa at 200 I'm happy with my elcheapo junk . Just imagine how small my groups would be if I had $2,000 optics instead of junk $200 optics .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    This is the kind of thing a guy says who doesn't realize that expensive doesn't always equate to quality, nor do they understand "perceived quality" vs. "realized quality".

It's like the guy who lives in a foreign country and has never learned the language. He goes into a restaurant with a group of associates, and looking to impress certain members of their entourage, he orders the most expensive item on the menu, not realizing that he's ordered Balut with a side of Casu Marzu and washing it all down with an aged baby mice wine. He's the guy who assumes the most expensive is always the best. That doesn't hold true in most restaurants and it doesn't always hold true with AR's.
    Simmer down proletariat

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazyeach View Post
    Well I assure you my “hobby grade” BCM is good to go. I’ve fired tens of rounds through it with nary a hiccup.
    This is the funniest Freudian slip I have seen in a ling time. Makes me wonder how much people actually do put real round counts through their junk, not saying you don't Easy. I have around 2,500 through my V7 and overgassed or not it hasn't had one failure at all. I wonder at what count can you consider a rifle truly reliable?

Feedback Score
    It's a paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerguns View Post
    I wonder at what count can you consider a rifle truly reliable?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I drive a computer for a living, and I ain't assaulting beaches on the weekend, so by definition, all my rifles are hobby rifles.

Also gun people are mostly a-holes...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    This is the funniest Freudian slip I have seen in a ling time. Makes me wonder how much people actually do put real round counts through their junk, not saying you don't Easy. I have around 2,500 through my V7 and overgassed or not it hasn't had one failure at all. I wonder at what count can you consider a rifle truly reliable?
    “ I’ve got over 300 rnds through my (garbage rifle), and its flawless” -TOS, TFB comments section, gun stores

Everytime I see or hear something like that, I get mad and strangle a mythical creature. Ever wonder why you’ve never seen a unicorn? Or why the Easter bunny hasn’t been coming around? Because people don’t actually shoot their rifles before proclaiming them to be “flawless”. And of course, they don’t get them dinged up and beat on, either. Flawless.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    A Freudian slip it was not. I was working on my AR15 specific stand up routine.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    All ARs are hobby grade.

If you're serious about making through the mudpocalypse and following Waterworld in which you will have to be a combat diver able to fire your weapon under water in order to survive, you need an AK.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast