Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Endings That Really Pissed You Off (SPOILERS)!

Feedback Score

Movie Endings That Really Pissed You Off (SPOILERS)!

My list:

1. Allied

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_(film)

The female lead turns out to be a Nazi spy and shoots herself. The ending of this movie so infuriated me I wanted to melt down every copy of the film.

2. Alien 3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3

The aliens finally kill Ripley and her only redemption is to take one of them with her. They should have ended the series with this one.

3. No Country For Old Men

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Cou...Old_Men_(film)

It doesn't end so much as just stop. All we know is that the bad guy survived and the cop chasing him retired and likes to tell about his dreams.

4. The Mist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mist_(film)

The main character thinks things are hopeless and kills all the others with him to save them from a horrible death. Then the mist clears and he realizes they would have been okay.

5. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_T..._Wrath_of_Khan

I grew up on the original Star Trek series. Star Trek: The Motion Picture was mediocre, but I excused it because I allowed for the fact that it takes actors, producers, writers, etc. some time to regain their sea legs when reviving a show that was canceled over a decade before. So along comes Wrath of Khan. Bringing back a villain from the original series was a pretty good idea, but then the writers did the unthinkable. Not only did they kill off Spock, they also left an opening to bring him back to life. Either kill a character or don't. Don't cheapen a main character's death by bringing him back through some technological hocus pocus. It cheapens the death to begin with by making it "not such a big deal."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I thought the "Mist" had the perfect gut-punch, unexpected ending. I don't know how else you would've ended "No Country", but I get why you wouldn't like it. You either like movies that focus more on commentary of human nature without a satisfying ending, or you don't. I think it worked for that, but definitely not in others. If you've read/seen other Cormac McCarthy stuff, none of it has an ending that leaves you satisfied.

My list:

Original Blade Runner - Director's cut was marginally better.

Terminator Salvation - very promising and I loved the dystopian vibe of the movie. Horrible ending. The others after T2 aren't even worth mentioning.

I Am Legend - they wussed out on the original ending, which would've totally changed the vibe for the better.

War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise) - visually awesome movie with one of the worst endings ever.

Signs

World War Z

Matrix Revolutions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    If you've read/seen other Cormac McCarthy stuff, none of it has an ending that leaves you satisfied.
    I thought the ending to "The Road" was better, more understandable. A grim death but with some hope of a future also.

War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise) - visually awesome movie with one of the worst endings ever.
    I think that one is partly H.G. Wells' fault. The original 1953 War of the Worlds ended with germs killing the invaders also.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I liked Allied and No Country.

The lady was caught as a spy and killed herself instead of possibly facing torture.

No Country. Sometimes the bad guy isn't caught and life goes on.

Never saw Mist but reading the plot I like the ending. People are terrified, no hope in sight, afraid of being torn apart the decide to just end it. Unfortunately they were seconds away from being saved

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seven. 'Nuff said.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    My only three.

The Alien franchise. It should have ended with "Aliens". There was NO topping that. The prequels have been so-so at best. Alien 3 and everything else SUCK. Resurection was possibly one of the worst movies ever made.

The Terminator(s). Same thing. At Terminator 2... Drop the mic and walk off stage. LET IT GO. The rest... SUCK. Especially Rise of the machines and Genesys.

The Martian... Totally and completely plagiarized and STOLE the ending from "Red Planet" with Val Kilmer. It was the last good flick that Val made. The Matt Damon one was a total rip-off.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Avengers: End Game

Having Captain Marvel show up at the most opportune time to save the day while not really contributing anything else to the story was just lazy writing.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Avengers: End Game

Having Captain Marvel show up at the most opportune time to save the day while not really contributing anything else to the story was just lazy writing.
    Not to mention is Gamora (2014 version) alive or dusted? If alive, why isn't she on Starlord's ship with her sister?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Not to mention is Gamora (2014 version) alive or dusted? If alive, why isn't she on Starlord's ship with her sister?
    She has no connections with the (as)guardians of the galaxy. I’m sure part of Gotg3 plot will be finding out where she went
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Seven. 'Nuff said.
    How else could it have ended? The only thing I can think of is if Morgan Freeman had dusted him, instead. It was a little too on the nose that Brad Pitt would shoot him, but I would've laughed if he'd let him live.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast