Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Schools add LGBTQ to sex ed: Inclusive or overstep?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The lack of tolerance in this thread is deafening.

I think folks should binge a few seasons of Star Trek to help themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So it was tolerance you were modeling when you falsely accused me of upholding marital rape?

Enjoy your Star Trek.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Schools add LGBTQ to sex ed: Inclusive or overstep?

Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    So it was tolerance you were modeling when you falsely accused me of upholding marital rape?

Enjoy your Star Trek.
    It’s a pity I can only search back through a years worth of posts (I’ll have to check off of a Tapatalk) but yes in unadulterated terms you stated it was your wife’s marital obligation to do so

Last edited by jpmuscle; 05-15-19 at 20:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Thanks I need all the nudges I can get.

Pretty much been trying my best since 1990, had it when I was a youth, mom thought I would be a pastor. Like so many boys, I fell away after I left home and didn't comeback until my 30's. Did a lot of damage to myself, my family and my reputation in those interim years.

I was describing how I feel we should relate to homosexuals. I don't recall anything thing that I said that could be construed as encouraging of recruiting folks to be homosexuals.

I feel you and Tom are taking sentences that standing alone can be interpreted as outside the contextual intent of my comments. Let me give you an example:

After David had finished talking with Saul, Jonathan became one in spirit with David, and he loved him as himself. 2 From that day Saul kept David with him and did not let him return home to his family. 3 And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. 4 Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.

Sounds bad, doesn't it. Sounds even worse if you read 1 Samuel 17 (David and Goliath) and realize that Saul was talking to David shortly after he killed the Philistine, Goliath:

As Saul watched David going out to meet the Philistine, he said to Abner, commander of the army, “Abner, whose son is that young man?”

Abner replied, “As surely as you live, Your Majesty, I don’t know.”

56 The king said, “Find out whose son this young man is.”

57 As soon as David returned from killing the Philistine, Abner took him and brought him before Saul, with David still holding the Philistine’s head.

58 “Whose son are you, young man?” Saul asked him.

David said, “I am the son of your servant Jesse of Bethlehem.”

Pretty clear from that reading that 'dude, they are gay, Jonathan had a man crush on David because he was running around with Goliath's head, kind of like when the football star nails the head cheerleader after winning the championship.'

But it becomes clearer when you read a little further:

1 Samuel 18:16 But all Israel and Judah loved David, because he led them in their campaigns.

According to biblical scholars the exact same word for 'love' is used in both places. So apparently they (Jonathan and Israel) adored David because of his devotion to God, shown by his acts.

Understanding context, it is a wonderful thing.

As for Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently.

I don't think 'you suck, and you're going to hell' is quite what Paul was going for when he wrote his letter of instruction to the churches of Galatia.

If you want to bring someone out of sin, the best way to do it is with your arm around them, rather than holding them at arm's length.

I go to a Church that recognizes that homosexuality is a sin. There are a couple of folks there who are gay. They are in Church hearing God's word, their children are in our Sunday school classes. My hope is that God is working in their life, because ultimately God judges, not me or you.
    Nice post 26.
    I see you in a different light now.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Star Trek is pretty gay, I agree, but let's keep it on topic, huh?

I honestly could not care less which adult someone chooses as a sexual/life partner. It is not for me to judge another.

But... homosexuality is not natural, we have sex to continue the existence of our species, to pass on our genes. Pretty much requires a man and woman, its not rocket science.

I don't agree with schools teaching kids that homosexuality is the norm and expected behavior. I simply think that Sex Ed should be based on biology and facts.

Andy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    It’s a pity I can only search back through a years worth of posts (I’ll have to check off of a Tapatalk) but yes in unadulterated terms you stated it was your wife’s marital obligation to do so

And I have the same obligation to her. Mutual obligation is not rape. But who knows what guys like you dream up. I'll be waiting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    And I have the same obligation to her. Mutual obligation is not rape. But who knows what guys like you dream up. I'll be waiting.
    I wanna say something real and not a smartass comment so bad but I wont not for you, your feelings, nor this board but for me.

I sorta get what you are saying and what you mean and it just isnt coming out right but there is more to love than sex or physical affection.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I wanna say something real and not a smartass comment so bad but I wont not for you, your feelings, nor this board but for me.

I sorta get what you are saying and what you mean and it just isnt coming out right but there is more to love than sex or physical affection.
    And that obligation is driven by our mutual love for one another. What the accuser doesn't want to do is even consider that whatever he thought I wrote it isn't what I wrote...not even given the benefit of the doubt. I love my wife and would never force her to have sex...but that doesn't matter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Star Trek is pretty gay, I agree, but let's keep it on topic, huh?

I honestly could not care less which adult someone chooses as a sexual/life partner. It is not for me to judge another.

But... homosexuality is not natural, we have sex to continue the existence of our species, to pass on our genes. Pretty much requires a man and woman, its not rocket science.

I don't agree with schools teaching kids that homosexuality is the norm and expected behavior. I simply think that Sex Ed should be based on biology and facts.

Andy
    Short and to the point instead of my 'Lord I was born a rambling man' trip around the issue.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Short and to the point instead of my 'Lord I was born a rambling man' trip around the issue.
    I am utterly unqualified to address the issue from a religious standpoint, so it's pretty simple for me.

Andy

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast