Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Schools add LGBTQ to sex ed: Inclusive or overstep?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    It is just as okay as any other deficiency or abnormality that people have. Aberration is defined as a deviation from the norm.
    How clinical. It's just like a missing leg, or downs syndrome, or cancer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    The misuse of science has allowed them have their babies. Their stranglehold on education has allowed them to pollute 5 yr olds.

Soon, they'll join with more of their enemies to eradicate the ultimate enemy. The enemy THEY all hate. Just like Herodians and the Pharisees who hated each other, but they hated a carpenter even more. So they joined together for the cleansing. My enemies enemy is my friend. I wonder who on this board considers me their enemy?
    I'm sorry I posted this, somehow I thought we'd have some discussion without a lot of drama. I should have known better.

I believe we can explore other perspectives through discussion, and through that discussion some might look at things that different perspective and alter their beliefs. This doesn't happen often, but it happens enough that I think it is worth a shot.

I'm not in favor of exploring aspects of abnormal sexuality in the public schools. While I believe it is okay to be gay, I don't believe it is normal.

Mods, could you please shut this down.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How clinical. It's just like a missing leg, or downs syndrome, or cancer.
    Pretty much. And, their behavior is between them and God, so long as they don't hurt or force anyone.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yeah by all means shut it down...I agree.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Pretty much. And, their behavior is between them and God, so long as they don't hurt or force anyone.
    Are they hurting the children?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll tell you what. I'll completely bow out. I wont post anymore on this one so you can continue your drama less thread. This statement tells me everything I need to know about your position....bye.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are they hurting the children?
    What children? The children in the schools that teach the curriculum? Yes, I believe it has the potential to do so. Some poor kid in gym class notices that 'Jimmy' has a big schlong and is already growing hair. He thinks to himself 'I might be gay' because he noticed, then based on his teaching he decides that, yep, that is the way he is wired, and next thing you know.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll tell you what. I'll completely bow out. I wont post anymore on this one so you can continue your drama less thread. This statement tells me everything I need to know about your position....bye.
    Matthew 7 much?

Edit: Let me flesh that out a bit.

Matthew 7:1-2 Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

God judges perfectly. We judge through the filters of our experiences and biases. God doesn't.

I try to remind myself of this perspective in my interactions with the folks I meet, because I believe my greatest failing is being judgemental:

When a trout rising to a fly gets hooked and finds himself unable to swim about freely, he begins a fight which results in struggles and splashes and sometimes an escape.

In the same way, the human struggles with the hooks that catch him. Sometime he masters his difficulties; sometimes they are too much for him.

The struggles are all that the world sees, and it usually misunderstands them. It is hard for a free fish to understand what is happening to a hooked one.
    Karl A. Menninger, "The Human Mind"
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-15-19 at 00:00.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Morality aside- Sex ed shouldn't be taught in schools, period. It should be taught at home by parents and in the way they choose to teach it, period.

On that note- get your kids out of public schools!

They are dumpster fires that are misshaping the minds of our youth and turning them into subservient dolts.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've got zero issue with biology based sex education. I think kids should have a grasp on how human procreation happens, and the repercussions for not being careful. A solid discussion on sexually transmitted diseases and a basic review of contraception should be included. That's about it. My kids didn't need a class on human sexuality and I don't think that we need one in the future.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast