Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Schools add LGBTQ to sex ed: Inclusive or overstep?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    And some people ought to know that sinful thinking and behavior is never restricted and contained to the bedroom for instance. It oozes out like a plague touching others in big ways or small. So now homosexuality is after 5 yr olds. Sin is never satisfied. Militant homosexuals arent interested in keeping it in the bedroom, theyre interested in ramming it down our throats. Look what goes on in Europe and canada... you can be jailed for speaking against these people.

Christians should always be interested in the well being of others. The idea that it's irrelevant what go on in the bedroom is the world's thinking, because again, it never just stays in the bedroom.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 05-15-19 at 23:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I sorta get what you are saying and what you mean and it just isnt coming out right but there is more to love than sex or physical affection.
    If you want to see true love, visit a nursing home. You will see spouses reading, talking, singing, holding hands with their wife or husband who may not remember who they are or that they were there today or yesterday.

We are truly nothing without love. 1 Cor 13:1-13:

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.
    But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love you, bud but...

I can't get into this topic that heavy like that. I have seen it. But I dont want to talk about it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Schools add LGBTQ to sex ed: Inclusive or overstep?

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    If you want to see true love, visit a nursing home. You will see spouses reading, talking, singing, holding hands with their wife or husband who may not remember who they are or that they were there today or yesterday.

We are truly nothing without love. 1 Cor 13:1-13:

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.
    But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    All the more reason to reserve judgment of others and what consenting adults do in the name of Love.

But I suppose bibles won’t thump themselves (not directed at you)

Also nursing homes are brutally heartbreaking places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Awsome... I quote no bible and am a thumper. Some quote a bunch of bible and their not a thumper.

Maybe the bible quoter will quote some bible on what true love actually is. Here's a hint...its not a warm fuzzy feeling.

By the way the ad hominem isn't much of an arguement.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 05-16-19 at 00:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    All the more reason to reserve judgment of others and what consenting adults do in the name of Love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That statement doesn't stand up when fully dissected. Evil or sinful things can be done by consenting adults in the name of Love. They are not mutual.

No one should be judging. It would be like a family member who has a drug problem. You love them and support them, but you don't support their "problem". These two are also independent of one another. The problem with modern society and particularly homosexuality is most think they have to be mutual when they are not.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    And that obligation is driven by our mutual love for one another. What the accuser doesn't want to do is even consider that whatever he thought I wrote it isn't what I wrote...not even given the benefit of the doubt. I love my wife and would never force her to have sex...but that doesn't matter.
    "Obligation" does not equal consent. I do think you have the right heart, but like has been said, the wording is concerning right now.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    "Obligation" does not equal consent. I do think you have the right heart, but like has been said, the wording is concerning right now.
    When a person obligates him or herself in a marriage to fulfilled certain things, I think it's quite obvious that that person has consented to those things. I obligated myself to provide financial support to my wife...I consent to that for our whole lives.

Feedback Score
    Those of you who love quoting the Bible fail to read Leviticus 18: 22-29 where homosexuality is clearly forbidden:

22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.

29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the Lord your God.’”
    Personally, when it comes to people who have sex with the same sex: If they leave me alone I leave them alone.

The God of the Bible clearly does condemn the ACT, but in the age of Grace I believe the proper thing to do would be to try to bring such people to the knowledge of the Truth that God loves them and desires to save them, but does not condone their behavior.

Those of you who say the New Testament supercedes the Old should listen to the Words of Jesus when He says that He came to fulfill the law, and not do away with it.

Matthew 5:17-20 English Standard Version (ESV)
    Christ Came to Fulfill the Law
    17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 05-16-19 at 11:25.

Feedback Score
    Along with destroying the nuclear family and a whole bunch of other fun stuff, making homosexuality acceptable and "normal" is all part of the communist plan. They could not defeat us with bullets and bombs after two world war attempts, so they sat down and figured out how they could beat us. They wrote it all down and shared their long term plan with anyone who wanted to read it. Initially they were laughed at, but look at where we are today...

What two consenting adults do in private is none of my business. What I do in private is none of their business. When they start teaching it to my kid in school, then its my business. Teaching human biology is not an insult to or exclusion of someone who is attracted to their own sex. Who people are attracted to, or not attracted to, should not be part of the curriculum. Gay people should not be made to feel bad, but they also shouldn't be catered to.

I can remember being attracted to the opposite sex as early as 4 years old. I was born that way. Couldn't change it if I tried. I've known gay people that were the same way. They didn't ask for it. They don't want it. Its just how they were born, and how their brains are wired. I don't want these people to be discriminated against or treated unfairly in any way. I also don't want them to have special privileges or stupid F'ing parades about it either. I won't tell them what I do with my genitals, and I don't want them telling me what they do with theirs. Its nobody else's business, and it doesn't need to be taught in schools.

I'm left handed. Born that way. Only 9-10% of the population shares this aberration. Its my problem. The other 90-91% of the population shouldn't be made to give me special privilege because I use the wrong hand to write and shoot. I'm aware of the issues caused by my affliction and I adapt to the world around me without demanding to be catered to by everyone else. I wish some other members of our society would follow suit. No need to teach left handed school children about how to be left handed in a right handed world.
    Last edited by Bulletdog; 05-16-19 at 11:51.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast