Thread: A.R.M.S. #41 B-L-P (pin on version of their folding FSB) being discontinued...

Feedback Score

A.R.M.S. #41 B-L-P (pin on version of their folding FSB) being discontinued...

Only a few left here. > https://charliescustomclones.com/a-r...l-p-for-sam-r/

I just found out from A.R.M.S. that the #41 B-L-P is being discontinued as indicated on the Charlie's Custom Clones site. So if anyone wants one you better get one soon, A.R.M.S. is selling them for a little bit better of a price @ $187.00... Their current inventory is 109.

I bought out the small stock of them that JSE Surplus had about a year ago, I got 4 of them for about $120.00 each.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post

I just found out from A.R.M.S. that the #41 B-L-P is being discontinued as indicated on the Charlie's Custom Clones site. So if anyone wants one you better get one soon, A.R.M.S. is selling them for a little bit better of a price @ $187.00... Their current inventory is 109.

I bought out the small stock of them that JSE Surplus had about a year ago, I got 4 of them for about $120.00 each.
    Nice folding front sight which is super strong.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Nice folding front sight which is super strong.
    One of the best, I trust it every bit as much as a standard fixed FSB. I've never really liked low profile gas blocks or rail mounted front sights, so this is the best option for me. I also prefer the security of taper pins vs. the clamp on version of this sight.

Also, this sight is not chintzy in the way it folds, it almost feels hydraulic. I'm also a big fan of the Colt 6940's folding FSB, but it's folding action isn't as smooth as the A.R.M.S. sight, though I trust them both equally.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 05-16-19 at 09:08.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    So if anyone wants one you better get one soon, A.R.M.S. is selling them for a little bit better of a price @ $187.00... Their current inventory is 109.
    Do you have a link? I'm only seeing the #41-B-L SILHOUETTE version on their site.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Do you have a link? I'm only seeing the #41-B-L SILHOUETTE version on their site.
    That is one of the reasons that very few people know about the pin on version, for some reason they don't advertise it. You have to call or email them about it to get one.

They're closed tomorrow until Monday, so it might be best to call if anyone wants to order one today.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 05-16-19 at 13:20.

Feedback Score
    Here is their reason for not having them on their site or selling them through any retailers.

"The #41B-LP is not listed on our site or sold through major retailers because of the confusion that it creates. We did have them listed on the site at one point and for every 10 purchases we would get 9 phone calls and returns because people bought the B-LP accidentally either not knowing it was pin on only or not fully comprehending what is involved with installing a taper pined front sight. So in the end it just wasn’t worth the confusion or time lost to have something that’s typically an OEM or gunsmith install item listed on the consumer portal of our site."
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 05-20-19 at 15:38.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Here is their reason for not having them on their site or selling them through any retailers.

"The #41B-LP is not listed on our site or sold through major retailers because of the confusion that it creates. We did have them listed on the site at one point and for every 10 purchases we would get 9 phone calls and returns because people bought the B-LP accidentally either not knowing it was pin on only or not fully comprehending what is involved with installing a taper pined front sight. So in the end it just wasn’t worth the confusion or time lost to have something that’s typically an OEM or gunsmith install item listed on the consumer portal of our site."
    That makes sense. I do remember seeing them on their old web site.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score

Ah! so you're the guy that bought all of those, I thought it was the owner of Charlie's Customs, since they have such a limited stock left. I was pretty pissed when I found out they was all gone on JSE Surplus, and had no idea A.R.M.S was still selling them, THANK YOU for the information, I just put in the email to pick one up, may have to call, but either way I'm finally getting another one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N2huntn View Post
    Ah! so you're the guy that bought all of those, I thought it was the owner of Charlie's Customs, since they have such a limited stock left. I was pretty pissed when I found out they was all gone on JSE Surplus, and had no idea A.R.M.S was still selling them, THANK YOU for the information, I just put in the email to pick one up, may have to call, but either way I'm finally getting another one.
    Sorry about that, I knew I'd make someones day by buying the last of the ones that JSE Surplus had left.

I'm pretty sure the story was that JSE Surplus and Charlie's Custom Clones bought out these A.R.M.S. folding FSBs from a manufacturer that was cleaning house or going out of business or something along those lines. The only manufacturer that I remember that was installing the pin on versions of the A.R.M.S. folding FSB was Bushmaster on one specific model, and it was just a little while later that they were sold off... I wonder if that's where they came from.