Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting LPVO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    I have the leupold firedot circle. It works for me. I couldn’t stand the stupid “Pig Plex” words so I went with the circle. David
    They dropped the circle dot by the time I switched from Patrol to Hog.

I preferred the circle on the Patrol's SPR reticle, but way too many times I would find the turrets moved from getting brushed by truck seats or other equipment. They really need some increased tension along with not using checkering reminiscent of a meat tenderizer.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    They dropped the circle dot by the time I switched from Patrol to Hog.

I preferred the circle on the Patrol's SPR reticle, but way too many times I would find the turrets moved from getting brushed by truck seats or other equipment. They really need some increased tension along with not using checkering reminiscent of a meat tenderizer.
    I begged Leupold to build me a Pig with the SPR reticle but they refused. The wiggly/jiggly exposed turrets are part of the reason I got rid of my Patrol. Who is going to dial a 1X4 anyway??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I begged Leupold to build me a Pig with the SPR reticle but they refused. The wiggly/jiggly exposed turrets are part of the reason I got rid of my Patrol. Who is going to dial a 1X4 anyway??
    I can only recall 1 guy online in a YouTube video reviewing the Patrol target knobs adjusting from sliding across a farm truck seat and decided (erroneously) that he had to be whining about nothing considering no other review mentioned that issue. I thought at worst maybe a click (.1 mil) off at worst, but 5 or more clicks on either knob(sometimes both at once) was nothing unusual.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    An FYI - my 1-4 Trijicon accupower's reticle is not daylight visible. It's not a dot like you are looking for anyway, but I bought it with the assumption it was brighter.

I think the fiber optic/tritium accupoints are daylight visible and have simpler reticles.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    An FYI - my 1-4 Trijicon accupower's reticle is not daylight visible. It's not a dot like you are looking for anyway, but I bought it with the assumption it was brighter.

I think the fiber optic/tritium accupoints are daylight visible and have simpler reticles.
    Noted, thanks.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I vote for the TR25 or the TR26 if you want a 2.5-12.5, the triangle is an amazing reticle for hunting. I have two 3-9 with the amber and I have a 1-4 with green. They are fast and great for hitting a moving target.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a Steiner 1-4 and it is great. Why not get another one? I sold mine to buy an nx8 1-8 that should be here today!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thanks for all the input. I think I’ll go with either the Leupy Hog or another Steiner. I definitely need to get that Vortex for one of my 5.56 rifles, though.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    A 6.5 Grendel with a 12.5 inch barrel could be accurate out to at least 800 yards, so a 1-8x LPVO would be suitable. I'd look at the Trijicon Accupower 1-8x or the Nightforce 1-8x (ATACR or NX8) among other optics in the 1-8x range.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe315 View Post
    A 6.5 Grendel with a 12.5 inch barrel could be accurate out to at least 800 yards, so a 1-8x LPVO would be suitable. I'd look at the Trijicon Accupower 1-8x or the Nightforce 1-8x (ATACR or NX8) among other optics in the 1-8x range.
    Yes, I’m aware that the Grendel is very capable, but I live in the Southeast. This gun will be used to replace my lever guns for woods hunting.

I’ll use my 7-08 bolt gun with Zeiss glass for longer work. That, too will eventually be phased out for a 6.5.
    RLTW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12