Thread: KAC High Rise Aimpoint Micro Mount?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

KAC High Rise Aimpoint Micro Mount?

Anyone here have any experience with the KAC High Rise Aimpoint Micro Mount? I’ve been using the Geissele 2.04” Mount with my LPVOs and I like the more upright head position, so I’m considering increasing the height of my AP H2 on my SBR from my current lower ⅓ cowitness DD Mount to 2.33”. The KAC mount would let me continue to use my AP 3x magnifier and still be able to use iron sights.

https://www.knightarmco.com/13809/sh...il-height-2-33
    Last edited by Korgs130; 05-15-19 at 15:43.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I'm running the KAC High Rise + T2 setup on two of my SBRs. Since running this configuration I have come to prefer the more heads-up shooting it offers and have also re-configured my EOTech and Holosun setups to do the same using other riser solutions. Only downside is that it might be too tall for some compact SBR/carbine carrying cases (I haven't run into that problem with what I'm using), and it's not optimized for shooting from the prone position, which I don't do often enough with my SBRs/CQB setups to consider it a real negative. I haven't considered raising my LPVO setup to 1.93 since I do prefer to be able to shoot from the prone optimally with that particular type of optic.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Made the switch to the KAC mount on my SBR just late last week prior to a Shoot House Class. Came from a lower 1/3 Geissele T2 mount. Yes prone did kind of suck for zeroing but it was manageable and a position with this rifle I would rarely find myself in. Primary reason for this was I wanted to be able to get behind my optic with NODS on so I could run passive if I have to. I also choose this mount because the BUIS can still be in play and I can easily attach a magnifier. Pretty much checks all the boxes and is a now solution even though the soon to be released Unity Tactical system looks to be good.

The increase in optic height is fast to mount and appear. The dot is even in view in the low ready position. At first it was easy to over mount the optic and find myself looking under it but that quickly went away with less effort. Love it for CQB work and really dont see a negative that cant be over come. Offset was slightly more, maybe another inch in real close. Didnt have any problem getting behind it with NVGs either.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Its great if you are using NV, but in any other capacity I wouldn't recommend it. I owned one and then sold it as I shot more under NV and figured out I much preferred the eotech reticle under NV than the T2 dot. Its also ridiculously difficult to shoot with this optics set up in any unorthodox shooting positions, especially any position that requires a canted/angled rifle position.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I love these extra high RDS mounts. I have no issues of any kind with them. I also prefer the 1.930” high mounts for my LPV AR scope. I will never go back to lower mounts. That being said, sometimes one size does not fit everyone because of one’s neck length, facial bone structure, or just one’s personal preference.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Thanks for all of the feedback. I decided to give the High Rise a try along with Scalar Works PEAK fixed irons on my SBR. It's definitely an a adjustment coming from a lower ⅓ mount, but after dry firing the past two days I'm more comfortable with it. Heading to the range the day ofter tomorrow to get it sighted in and run a few drills with.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    Thanks for all of the feedback. I decided to give the High Rise a try along with Scalar Works PEAK fixed irons on my SBR. It's definitely an a adjustment coming from a lower ⅓ mount, but after dry firing the past two days I'm more comfortable with it. Heading to the range the day ofter tomorrow to get it sighted in and run a few drills with.
    How did this go? It's been a year, any takeaways?