G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Fixed 3x scope vs red dot... Continued

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    614
    Feedback Score
    0
    The eyebox is going to be quite a bit more fussy about head position than a RDS, as you already know. As long as your mount is the proper height, all you need is practice. The Vortex Razor Gen 2 has just about the most forgiving eyebox I've ever seen.

    If you get that astigmatism corrected, Aimpoint or Trijicon MRO are the leave-on options you are looking for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eazyeach View Post
    I have the PA Raptor. 1-6. The reticle is very bright. It just takes me like a second to get the scope to the right level where my eye picks it up.
    I use an Eotech for my HD gun but ideally I’d like something I don’t have to turn on.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,038
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazyeach View Post
    I have the PA Raptor. 1-6. The reticle is very bright. It just takes me like a second to get the scope to the right level where my eye picks it up.
    I use an Eotech for my HD gun but ideally Iíd like something I donít have to turn on.
    I haven't looked through the PA Raptor, but having looked through a Bushnell 1-4x with first focal plane reticle (tiny on 1x) I wonder if that could be the issue with picking up the reticle?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I haven't looked through the PA Raptor, but having looked through a Bushnell 1-4x with first focal plane reticle (tiny on 1x) I wonder if that could be the issue with picking up the reticle?
    The reticle on 1x is smallish. Iíd prefer the reticle size at 3x magnification at the 3x setting. Maybe Iíll try a second focal plane scope out.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    614
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does this look about right?

    RaptorFFPdiagram.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Eazyeach View Post
    The reticle on 1x is smallish. Iíd prefer the reticle size at 3x magnification at the 3x setting. Maybe Iíll try a second focal plane scope out.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Does this look about right?

    RaptorFFPdiagram.jpg
    Yes. That is correct.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    614
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you don't care about the ranging functions and accurate BDC at all mag levels, the SFP scopes are probably going to be the way to go for you. With my 3-18x ACSS, it is very similar to your 1-6x.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Park City, UT
    Posts
    67
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    On my 14.5 inch, I have a FFP reticle. I wish I had gotten a SFP reticle to go with the shorter barrel because I will be using this more at close distances. At least I have an easy way to sell used optics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •